8800Gtx - Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maroon1 said:
I found this info here, not sure on how reliable it is though
http://www.crysis-online.com/Information/System Requirements/

It says that a single 7800GTX will play Crysis at high settings

lol they always say that, they just state low requirements so people will buy i remeber warcraft 3 said it needed a 32 mb video card and my buddy lagged with a 256 mb vid card!(he was not bottlenecked by ram or cpu)

same with Aoe3 box says 64 mb video card but ive heard of people with 512 mb ones lagging on med those requirements are always exxagerated

i think the 8800 gtx should run it on med-high depending on your cpu and the drivers they come up with by that time

Two 8800Gtx's in SLI would be more than enough with dx10 and any cpu above E6400 (oc'd). But yes, thanks alot for input! I'm just trying to find out if my rig will keep up with this year's games.
[Pets computer] Hot.

If NWN2 cripples a GTX, crysis should certianly not be underestimated.

I'm so excited. I'm upgrading to a C2D/GTS build. I can't wait to see if it can even touch DX9 crysis lol.

I'd typically wait for prices to drop (not for better performance parts) and for a DX10 game to come out, but I figured that for $250 out of pocket after selling my 3800 X2/7900GT, it might be the cheapest time to do so regardless.

Translation: Now = Most $$$ for my parts, and they will depreciate faster than prices will fall...

If the 8800 GTX is going to be having trouble running crisis, then I don't think the 8800GTS 320MB will even be able to run crisis :(
Am I right?

If yes, then theres no scope of the 8600 Ultra running Crisis right???

P.S.: I was planning to buy the 8800GTS just so that I would be able to play DX10 games (especially CRISIS)

This is a prediction. A bad and unaccurate prediction but: I really think with the right CPU, the 8800Gtx will do fine with Crysis at max settings.

Shoot.

We'll it's all speculation. No one knows for sure. We've SEEN it run though and it looks smooth. DX9 looks amazing too.

Whats the difference between the DX9/10 in Crysis?

Volumetric Partilces
Motion Blur
Depth of Field
Denser light

Is that it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom