8800Gtx - Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the:megalon

Baseband Member
Well, you can clearly tell that my 8800Gtx obsession is not going to run away that fast. But seriously: will the 8800Gtx be able to handle Crysis at a great speed and with beautiful visions? Some people have been saying that Crysis will "kick" the 8800Gtx's ***. So, what do you guys say? Will the 8800Gtx handle Crysis like it does with the current games?

P.S. I also have E6600 with my 8800; I will add my system's rig to my sig later on. Rig. Sig. Rigsig.
:amazed:

It depends, we have not seen how the 8 series will actually do in DX10. Until we get actual benchmarks from an actual DX10 game (which won't be for a while) then no one can say for sure. I think it should be able to play it pretty well at a lower res.

yes, we have already seen it handle Crysis at max settings from recent GDC videos. Also keep in mind that the game is not even optimized yet, so you should have great perfromance in Crysis...Don't worry.

Yeah, my 19" monitor is a pretty low res. But I'm thinking of going to a widescreen; my options: 1600x1200 and 1900x1200, will Crysis eat that up?

Exactly we have seen crysis but DX10 hasn't been optimized completely with it yet so it's not 100% certain.

1440x900 which is 19 wise will destroy it most likley while 1600x1200 should run great...1900 may be cutting it. it's hard to say

You can play it on max DX10 so don't worry. Crytek only has one card to optimize their DX10 version of the game and that's your card, so if you can't max it out with great performance on that thing then there is a bog problem.

i think a E6600 processor or above with 2 gigs of ram and a 8800GTX will play it at max settings on a 19", i think anything above 19" will slow the game down abit.
Im not 100% sure(obviously) but thats just what i reckon :D

the 8800gtx will destroy crysis there using one in there rig and they are getting amazing fps it isnt a game based on hdr to look good its based on good textures wich render easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom