My Computer Annual Plan: Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beg to differ. I do not think you should ever buy the most bleeding edge.

The most bleeding edge tech right now would be a QX6700 and SLi 8800GTX. We know for a fact that an E6600 is the best CPU deal out there right now and theres no use getting anything else for raw speed and power. SLI is NOT worth it except for the most bleeding edge at that very moment.

I always say go with the best price/performance part at a higher-end budget and not just go cash happy.

i would say best time to start building a new rig is during the summer as thats when things get huge price cuts and nothing really new comes out as many people are more interested at going outside then saty cooped up inside with a comp. thats the way i see im a huge pc fan as well and i am planing my rebuild soon from this system i built last year and i know i probably wont use it much over summer either tho as i go paintballing and mountain biking im not shure if yoru as active as me but i recomend building in the summer and your rig looks good change the 250 gig raptor for one 36 gb one for your os and a few games and then get a 250 gb 7200rpm caviar or baracuda for storadge and dont get corsair ram so far there ddr2 sucks if u want best bang for your buck get some gskill or ocz platinum

Thanks Amd, and yeah I understand. I really like your summer thing and I'm actually considering building my plan upon yours. I would still use the yearly upgrade, but around the summer. Yes, I'm active, I work for Sony, have a wife and child (holla), and I love surfing. So I guess what I'm going to do is divide my soon-to-be-my-computer-parts into two sections: Christmas and summer, then update fully next summer. Thanks alot people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom