Status
Not open for further replies.

joebx902004

Baseband Member
I used to have an old dell with

Intel Pentium 4, 1.6
384 Mb of RAM
And an GeForce FX 5200 256Mb PCI

And my games Call of Duty, battle field, and Halo ran pretty good a little lag ocasionally but thats all.

I just built a new Computer with

AMD Athlon XP 3200+
512Mb of RAM
And an GeForce FX 5200 256Mb PCI (same card)

And my games run slow as hell! Lag choppy Graphic everything
what is the matter... Don't you think that those parts are better then my others or whats going on???????

New

New ram in my new computer it is one stick of 512 in my other computer it was a 256 and a 128

Usually build systems don't run great for compatibility reasons. Say FSB for the cpu on the motherboard is 533 the cpu may be able to handle 400 but the motherboard doesn't have a setting for that instead it has a setting for 300 maybe the processor doesn't have a setting for that it may be able to do 200 now. so the motherboard and the processor will find one they both can work on even if this might be 100 meanwhile this makes everything slower same goes for video card and memory. Also most other components you install that are hardware.

Joebx, I asked you about your MB earlier - MOTHERBOARD - because the chipset can and does affect the overall performance. Reinstalling a video card driver will do little, if any, to boost your overall system performance.

DB_13 said:
Usually build systems don't run great for compatibility reasons. Say FSB for the cpu on the motherboard is 533 the cpu may be able to handle 400 but the motherboard doesn't have a setting for that instead it has a setting for 300 maybe the processor doesn't have a setting for that it may be able to do 200 now. so the motherboard and the processor will find one they both can work on even if this might be 100 meanwhile this makes everything slower same goes for video card and memory. Also most other components you install that are hardware.

That's a load of horse crap. It depends on the competency level of the PC builder. Maybe if you're a total novice and it's your first build, then it might not run as fast as you might expect. But to say that the new system won't run or will have compatibility issues is a bit of an over-kill statement. It's like saying everything that M$ makes is crap. :eek:

Errr.... a PCI grafix card (by default thats at around one quarter/one eighth of the possible speed of a modern AGP card)?

Nothing on your new pc can overcome the poor perfomance of that card...spend some money (it doesnt have to be much) and upgrade that card to at least its AGP brother (or better). What you have now is a Ferrari with NO WHEELS.

but hears the deal

It not that the games are running slow they are running slower then before!!! obviously if u get a faster cpu and better hard drive and more ram it should run fasester this is running slow!ER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom