Upgrading Ram in a Dell Inspiron e1505

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemGrad

Beta member
I'm sorry for another RAM question, but I'm trying to figure out what type of ram I need to put into my Inspiron e1505. According to the report from cpu-z, it currently has 2x 512mb PC2-4300 (266 MHz). I'm wanting to upgrade to 2x 1gb, but I want to get the fastest memory my system can handle. It has the core duo T2300E (Yonah) cpu. I'm not sure what other info is helpful, so if there is something else that needs to be said please reply as such, and i'll add it. Thanks!

Sorry, i should have been more clear... I'm trying to figure out what speed I can put in it. Like DDR2 667, etc...

Any DDR2 memory will work. If the rated speed of the memory is greater than that of the mothernboard, it will underclock the memory to its max speed... That said, I would say that Google would be best to use to find out what the max speed the motherboard supports. I am at work right now, but if I get a chance, I will look.

From what I saw, looks like th max DELL shipped that PC with was DDR2 533 SODIMM's, but various posts in forums, and articles, showed that it should support DDR2 667 SODIMM's. If you are wanting to have it run in dual channel, then be sure to buy 2 MATCHING sticks of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom