Status
Not open for further replies.

rokza

Baseband Member
Which is a better choice:

1. Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 processor and 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz RAM

OR

2. Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 processor and 2x1GB DDR2 667MHz RAM

I can choose either of them, i.e., I can't choose both: 800MHz RAM and E6400 processor.

Please help me :D

Tell me which is a better choice....

Neither,

E4300 and 2GB of the cheapest DDR2-800 stuff you can find. I still would always recommend getting G.Skill memory.

The E4300 will overclock higher speeds than the E6300 but it's x9 multiplier makes it easier to overclock since you don't need as good of RAM. This is also the cheaper choice.

Some people told me there's barely any difference between a DDR2 667MHz RAM and a DDR2 800MHz RAM. Is it true? If so, then why are you'll reccomending the first option?
Basically, I want to choose the option that will help my PC run faster.

@dawizhacker
Isn't it possible to upgrade RAM in the future? :umm:

@Sora
I haven't over clocked in my life! (so how I depend on over clocking?)
Even if I learn how to over clock, I doubt I'll be able to get the E4300 processor to speeds that you'll can over clock it to :( and also, the E4300 doesn't support virtualizing.

RAM speed does not directly affect your CPU speed, as the mhz itself. if you have ram that can run at 600mhz and your only running your CPU at 350mhz, this forces your RAM to run at 350mhz as well.

If you don't overclock ever then really all you need is 533mhz RAM for a C2D but the problem is that you will eventually want to overclock a Core 2 Duo as it's safe and they overclock amazing. Not only that DDR2-800 will be more full proof than DDR2-677 and deffinatly more than DDR2-533. Go with DDR2-800.

If you ever do decide to overclock 800mhz ram is prefered. But in your case if you decide never to oc, get ddr2 667mhz.

Or if the timings on the 800mhz stuff is faster than on the 667. Get the 6300 and 800mhz stuff. You arent going to see a huge performance increase between the e6300 and e6400.

lancec2c30 said:
You arent going to see a huge performance increase between the e6300 and e6400.

EXACTLY!! You actually won't notice any difference except the 40 bucks that isn't in your wallet anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom