Cmos Checksum error

Status
Not open for further replies.

adem

Baseband Member
While trying to update my bios (matherboard Gigabyte 8pemt4) everithyng went ok but after reboot i recieved:

Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0
BIOS ROM checksum error
detecting floppy drive a media...
insert system disk and press enter

i took out the batery left it one hour and stil the same problem, i took the batery out again and left it 10 hours and stil the same, i created a bootable disk with these flash files provided for my type of matherboard flash872 8pemt4.f4, trying to update like explaned in the gigabyte page (a:\flash872 8pemt4.f4) the system does nothing.

please help

sounds like the update went screwy....

your system rom hardware may be bad from the update which means a new mob is needed. why did you update anyways?

Did you reconfigure your bios afterwards?

can you boot from a cd to possibly repair the installation just incase it isnt bad hardware?

i bought a 250 gb hdd and it dident recognize it all, so i was sugested to flesh my bios, i canot boot from cd only from flopy beacouse it is the only device proposed by the system
thanks and HELP!!!!

my suggestion is a new mobo but im not a hardware guru cuz hardware is boring, have you tried flashing it from a floppy?

i created a ms-dos boot disk and past the flash files in the floppy what i did, but when it starts the updating the system frezees, the setup files come with a autoexec.bat file cointaining a:\flash872 8pemt4.f4, and all i see is this and nothing is done, just the folowing lines are printend in the screen (a:\flash872 8pemt4.f4) i can hear that the files are read from the floppy but nothing hapens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom