Start Up Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan05

Beta member
Hi Guys,

I Press the power button on my DELL the individual components make their usual start-up sounds but the CPU fan gets increasingly louder as it works faster and faster. Nothing appears on screen with cable plugged in Graphics Card or OnBoard Graphics, no BIOS POST or nothing. The lights on the front of the computer and on monitor say orange and don't turn Green like it should.

I've tried booting up bare bones but get the same result, Processor or MotherBoard issue i'm guessing, can anyone add their expertise

Thanks

Try to use the bios reset jumper if that board has one. But make sure and have the computer unpluged before you do this.

Hi,

Thanks for our reply sPlAtOiD, I unplugged removed the system battery and a jumper for the BIOS Password (it had PSWD printed next to it), I couldn't find a BIOS Reset jumper(if I had one I'm guessing it would look the same as the Password Jumper). Anyways the machine still behaves the same at start up.

Any ideas

Thanks

Hey People,

Still haven't found any solution for this problem, would appreciate if anyone could help me with it

"I Press the power button on my DELL the individual components make their usual start-up sounds but the CPU fan gets increasingly louder as it works faster and faster. Nothing appears on screen (all cables are fine), no BIOS, POST or nothing. The lights on the front of the computer and on monitor stay orange and don't turn Green like it should.

I've tried booting up bare bones but get the same result, Processor or motherboards issue I'm guessing, can anyone add their expertise"

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom