HELP!!!Remote Desktop Causes no screen on local machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
Hi Everybody,
This afternoon i was playing with remote desktop on my Desktop PC from my laptop. All was going fine untill i went up to play some BF2 on the desktop, There was no screen on my main account. Not the account i logged onto through remote desktop, an other account. The screen will show all the normal boot screens (POST, the Windows loading screen) but then when it logs on (I have auto-logon enabled) the screen doesn't get any signal! I have no idea how to fix this because I cant see anything! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Yea, I tried doing a system restore from the laptop but it didn't fix the problem. The only thing it did was disable remote desktop. :(

Good thinking! I can get into safe mode and it does display. What do you think i could do to fix it though. I tried setting the theme to the default windows theme but that didn't work. I'm not sure what to do.
-Thanks for the great thinking though;)

Ive never tried it but see if you can perfrom a system restore in safe mode. Also check msconfig>startup and disable everything but your antivirus and then reboot to see if thats fixes it

You do not need to do a system restore, first try loading up xp in safe mode and then rolling back the drivers in device manager, if that doesnt work THEN try last known good config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom