My wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU cooler will probably not be good enough for any real overclocking...might not be much better than the stock cooler at that price.

As for a PSU I really don't like the idea of getting a PSU from there as they don't tell you how many amps are on the rails and that is a crucial thing to know...SLI is really not worth it unless you were to buy two 8800GTX right at the start...but I'm still guessing you plan on going SLI eventully...sigh.

Here's a PSU that will work awesome if you don't go SLI.

http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=010915&cid=PS.808

Heres one of you make the terrible option of actually going SLI...

http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=006876&cid=PS.808

I can't believe how cheap the Silverstones are there...

Humn, I gues you're right about not getting sli since you can always wait for a new card that will beat the previous card running sli. Look at 7900gtx for example. 1 8800gtx is better than 2 7900gtx-sli. Now, is 550W good for future GFXs like 8900GTX and so on?

You should NOTE that the CPU Cooler you have selected is for P4 Socket 478 & 775.... Hopefully the heatshield on the C2D Socket 775 is the same as the P4, or you might have to fitment issues...

a good 400w PSU can run a single 8800GTX...actually theres a 350w out there that can.

That seasonic is plenty of power as Seasonic is one of the very best names in PSU's. It can probably handle SLI either way though. If you don't go SLI then don't get a 680i. They have a lot of bugs and are really expensive right now, the only reason I didn't say something earlier was becuase if you wanted SLI for sure that's the way to go. You can get a 650i board though with 8x SLI compatible as well as a great overclocker. If not then get a P5B Deluxe, a P5B-E, or a DS3.

Sora said:
a good 400w PSU can run a single 8800GTX...actually theres a 350w out there that can.

That seasonic is plenty of power as Seasonic is one of the very best names in PSU's. It can probably handle SLI either way though. If you don't go SLI then don't get a 680i. They have a lot of bugs and are really expensive right now, the only reason I didn't say something earlier was becuase if you wanted SLI for sure that's the way to go. You can get a 650i board though with 8x SLI compatible as well as a great overclocker. If not then get a P5B Deluxe, a P5B-E, or a DS3.

So 680i board is ONLY for SLI GFXs, cause if thats the case then I can get a great mobo for half the price.

It isn't ONLY for SLI but that's why everyone gets them becuase it supports FULL SLI x16 on both sides. The 650i support 8x on each slot but I don't think it matters at this point anyway. regardless Yes get a good board like a DS3 or a P5B-E for half the price.

Do those motherboards mentioned above support quad core cpus? I want it to be a little future proof you see. I know Asus P5N32-E SLI nVidia nForce 680i supports quad core.

Ok fellas thanks for your fast response but out of all the mobos above, which 1 should I get? I may do some overclocking in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom