If it's good for gaming, is it good for graphic designers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should think twice before posting recommendations... He shows a card at 120$ and you recommend 1-3k$ cards...

If you are mainly doing graphic design, the difference will be rendering times. Any card will work fine.. just the cheaper ones will require more time to render your work.

Yes thank you U-Toast. Right now, I don't need to spend as much on my graphics card as my entire PC

My budget is $1,500

So far, without the graphics card, i've spent about $1,300.

so i'm looking to spend ~$200 on a graphics card.

I appreciate the information regarding cards that are game specific and graphics specific. Now, does anyone have any recommendations for a decent graphics card within my budget? I know a Quadro cards kick some ***...but it's just not going to happen at this point.

here are some of my specs for the computer:

Case: Antec ATX Mid Tower case w/500w power supply
Motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe
CPU: Intel C2D E6300 Conroe 1.86ghz
Memory: CORSAIR 2GB (2 x 1g)
HD: Seagate 320gb

NosBoost300 said:
what kind of graphic designing are we speaking of here.. because if its photoshop.. you don't need a good videocard...

It's not just Photoshop, but it does involve a lot of HUGE Photoshop files, web design, illustrator, flash, etc.

I also deal with a little bit of 3D. I use 3Ds Max and ZBrush, and i've started getting involved with SolidWorks lately.

Most of that is more ram intensive than anything else. Any card in the 200$ range will suite your needs for now. I used to do quite a lot of 3d rendering on my old 9700pro and it was fine on that.

As for 200$ cards, you will want to look at the 7900GS/GT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130056

That would be a good choice, and is under you budget.

You can also go with a X1950XT, but it will run a little more. It does outperform the 7900GS/GT tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom