Flash 8/vista problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
Hi

I am running Windows Vista, and I have a problem with Macromedia's flash 8....

Every time I go in and out of a symbol, it will it do really slowly and I see this dotted box expanding until it finally reaches the inside of the symbol. Does anyone know how to fix this?

TIM

You need Flash 9 on Vista. Flash 8 isnt compatable.

It means that Vista needs a new Flash player, right ?

But what is the problem with the development software ?

It just means that the Flash player used, namely flash 8 isnt working correctly on Vista. That is what they developed flash player 9 for. There is nothing wrong with Flash 8 if used on XP. Nor is there anything wrong with the development software. Just have to make sure you develop it to work correctly on Vista.

Gotta remember that Vista is coded totally different than XP. Since that has been the major usage for the last 5 years things are gonna be a bit wierd for a while till everyone gets used to having to code things differently for both XP and Vista.

Makaveli213 said:
It just means that the Flash player used, namely flash 8 isnt working correctly on Vista. That is what they developed flash player 9 for. There is nothing wrong with Flash 8 if used on XP. Nor is there anything wrong with the development software. Just have to make sure you develop it to work correctly on Vista.

Gotta remember that Vista is coded totally different than XP. Since that has been the major usage for the last 5 years things are gonna be a bit wierd for a while till everyone gets used to having to code things differently for both XP and Vista.
I get the impression that this has nothing to do with Flash Player at all, but with the developing software. He explains that he is "going in and out of a symbol", which means he is editing a symbol on the stage, when creating a flash movie.
When you click 'Edit in Place' a dotted box expands from the symbol indicating that you are inside the symbol. From what he is saying, it seems that this action is going really slowly.
I may be wrong, but to my knowledge this doesn't have anything to do with Flash Player, which only displays the movie you have created.

sorry guys im talking bout the software not the plugin...it goes in and out of symbols really slowly (on the stage)

anyone got any suggestions

Tim

What are your specs? Seems to me that you are using a applicaiton that takes a lot of RAM espically with Vista installed and you only have about 512 installed.

no i have 2gb, the problem seems to be when i run flash 8 and Vista, is there any way that wenever i startup flash areo switches off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom