AMD cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he wants an AMD core...if it were up to me I'd get the E6600 also, But he said he wants an AMD...so I showed him an AMD.

i have been reading about x2 3600 brisbane. supposedly it clocks up to 3.0+ghz from 1.9. pretty killer.
it also costs 95 bucks. which is a lot less than either 6000 or 6600. and similar performance when overclocked i would suppose.
toms hardware i dont like. anandtech is more reliable i think and it seems a lot less biased.
6600 or a 600 are both pretty awesome chips.
im gettin meself one of those little 65nm 3600's tho and see if i can out run my 4200....

^^
hrrmm...i wonder if i should wait..? argh. its only 95 bones, and i was just gonna slap it in my mobo and see how fast it goes.
decisions decision decisions...

That's a tough one man...if you have the money you could always buy it and see and if not RMA it for something else steezy. I'm sure you could find something >.>

I would also think you would want one of the new AMD chips in your board when they come out too. As Apok stated, they are supposed to be really good.

yeah....
i do want one of the new ones FOR SURE...
yeah sora i like your idea...put it in the mobo, crank it up and see what it can do.
i probably wouldn't rma it, as my mom desperately needs a new pc...would build her one with it.
the only thing is, and apokalipse and i have diiscussed this a couple times...my nf4 mobo. it does NOT like high bus speed with my am2. dont get me wrong it is a solid mobo, but not for overclocking apparently.
if in fact it is limiting my clocks, and i am highly suspicious that it is, i dont think i would be able to get all i can out of the 3600.
i dunno...i am definitely going to purchase a new mobo before dropping the next gen cpu in. maybe i will use this abit board for my moms....
hmmmmm...foxconn am2 calling my name
how long you guys think i would need to burn it (3600) in before i put the oc whoopin on it?

nagasama said:
yeah....
i do want one of the new ones FOR SURE...
yeah sora i like your idea...put it in the mobo, crank it up and see what it can do.
i probably wouldn't rma it, as my mom desperately needs a new pc...would build her one with it.
the only thing is, and apokalipse and i have diiscussed this a couple times...my nf4 mobo. it does NOT like high bus speed with my am2. dont get me wrong it is a solid mobo, but not for overclocking apparently.
if in fact it is limiting my clocks, and i am highly suspicious that it is, i dont think i would be able to get all i can out of the 3600.
i dunno...i am definitely going to purchase a new mobo before dropping the next gen cpu in. maybe i will use this abit board for my moms....
hmmmmm...foxconn am2 calling my name
how long you guys think i would need to burn it (3600) in before i put the oc whoopin on it?
the Nforce 4 is a great chip, but it was designed for DDR1/socket 939

Nforce 590 is the way to go, if you have AM2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom