5 questions about Windows Vista 32-bit n 64-bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
im planning on getting Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit in Q3-Q4 2007 when i fully upgrade my computer to Agena FX, socket 1207FX+, one X2900 XTX, etc. *list goes on, it's long* I'm planning on spending around $4000 on my PC. I got some questions to ask u guys about the differences of 32-bit n 64-bit Vista.

1. How much RAM does 32-bit use max? I was planning on getting 2 x 2GB DDR2 SDRAM when i buy Vista n other parts n hopefully another pair of 2 x 2GB DDR2 SDRAM.

2. How much RAM does 64-bit use max?

3. What is the point of having a 64-bit OS if we all know not all software n drivers support it when they support 32-bit?

4. What makes 64-bit better then 32-bit?

5. What makes Windows Vista Ultimate important for gamers to buy? *i cant even answer this question myself n i want Vista Ultimate lol*

if u can guys answer me these question by posting 1, 2, 3, 4, n 5, then i can get a better answer to each question.

Wildside said:
1. How much RAM does 32-bit use max? I was planning on getting 2 x 2GB DDR2 SDRAM when i buy Vista n other parts n hopefully another pair of 2 x 2GB DDR2 SDRAM.

You mean how much RAM will it support? I hear from CPU, Gfx Card & RAM, 32Bit supports only 4gigs. So your 4GIGs of RAM, much of it won't even be read.

If you mean how much does Vista use? I run at a constant 500megs of usage

2. How much RAM does 64-bit use max?

Supports unlimited amount of GIGs unlike 4GIG via 32-Bit

How much usage; not sure.

3. What is the point of having a 64-bit OS if we all know not all software n drivers support it when they support 32-bit?

Really, I personally think 64-Bit won't be a catch-on till the next OS (Windows Vienna) .. or whatever the name is years from now after going through 100 name changes lol :p

4. What makes 64-bit better then 32-bit?

Supports unlimited amount of GIG's, however, guy I know; works for the government, they have both 64bit edition and 32bit edition. Benchmarked, 64Bit is shown to run 20% slower than their same specs 32Bit computers.

5. What makes Windows Vista Ultimate important for gamers to buy? *i cant even answer this question myself n i want Vista Ultimate lol :p

I would say absolutly nothing. The difference between Ultimate & Home Premium is that Ultimate comes with Home Premium & Business all in 1. You don't need the business crap for gaming, so yeah, the extra hundreds of dollars, IMO, is useless. Go Premium

thx for the help Slam'n Systems, im gonna take a closer look at what Ultimate gives. Besides the extra feature to use movies as ur desktop in Ultimate, it also has the backup recovery of ur data in ur HDD, which is only in Business n Ultimate.

im gonna go to the site right now n see differences n decide my choice again, my close friend Brad wants to get Vista Ultimate too, so ill help him out n understand when one to get.........*searching*

EDIT:

i am planning on doing 3D Studio Max work in the future, but may not be until like Windows Vienna comes out. I'm still at RCC n trying to transer for Cal State LA to get a gaming degree in game animation, which is my goal n career goal as well. I'm in my second semester so it's going to take a while.

*back to searching*

EDIT 2:

found this, it's from Microsoft's official site, comparing the editions of what extras r in them.

Ultimate has better stuff suited for gamers that Premium doesnt have:
-Protection against hardware failure *Ultimate n Business*
-Better protection of your data *Ultimate only*

i know i read somewhere that Ultimate has a an extra for making movies as ur desktop wallpaper but i cant find any info on that, i could be wrong.

n this one is for Business n is also included in Ultimate:
-Easier remote access for your business *Ultimate n Business*

Well I guess it boils down to whether or not you want to spend the extra few hundred dollars for the few features that you mentioned. I would guess if you can have a movie as your BG, that'd be some usage of RAM there, nor would I see the point in that Haha :p

How would it "protect" you again hardware failure? I've been gaming for 8 years now online since Unreal Tournament, and the only hardware failure I had was from my eMachine ( Power Supply blew up ) but that was back in the 466MHz blazing fast days and not sure about now, but back then, eMachine was the worst computer I ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom