Laptop HD issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

livelifeingray

Beta member
Hey guys,

I'm a college kid and this is my first time on tech forums. Recently my laptop's hard drive started to make some clicking noises and now whenever I boot up it says: "Hard Disk Error Has Occurred". I've searched around the net, and I've figured out that this hard drive might possibly be done for. So I'm trying to go about getting a new hard drive. I opened up the back of my laptop (ABS Mayhem G3) and I can see the hard drive and how its screwed in. But I'm unable to remove it. So this is my question: is it possible for me to get an external USB hard drive (or internal drive in an enclosure) and use it as my primary drive? Is it possible to install an OS on these drives and boot from them? I'm pretty cash strapped so I need to get a drive with all necessary accessories within $200. All suggestions and recommendations are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your replies!

-Viggy

Well I havn't had alot of luck with installing through a external drive but I think it could be done. Just Google {installing windows from extrnal drive} that will help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom