E6600 48c Shutdown Issue MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nu2duo

In Runtime
So I thought I was bad a$$ with my E6600 oc'd to 3.05.
Last night I did some video editing and put this bad boy through a minor test. My system idles between 25c to 33c and only once had it gone up to 39c. But last night during the video encoding process, temps suddenly jumped to 44c and half way through I noticed 48c. Then the screen just froze.
My question is....you guys think I need to buy a better hsf(i'm on stock cooling)? I previously believed that I didn't but after last night I may need a $60 hsf. BTW, I can't get this cpu to pass 3.05.
Anyway, I'm starting to also doubt my mb and memory. I went for a low budget system and now I'm kicking myself.
Any input is appreciated.

Just get a better heat sink and you should be fine. I don't really see a need to pass 3.0GHz, I'm sure it gets done everything you need done.

M733mhz said:
Just get a better heat sink and you should be fine. I don't really see a need to pass 3.0GHz, I'm sure it gets done everything you need done.

I know. 3ghz is plenty enough. It's just that darn OC bug bit me and now....

Thanks

Yeah haha, I understand that. I hit 3.0GHz on my 4000+ then left it, It was plenty fast at 2.4 but you really can't help seeing what it can do.

lol dude i am not clowning or anything but if you had used p95 you would have known it would freeze.
because video encoding is not as intense as a full on 100% cpu/ 90% memory usage stress test.
cmon.
woot overclocks dont count unless they are stable.

have you checked the temps with different monitors?

if you are reading off the mobo or just one piece of software, it might be sitting higher than you thought, or is indicated :confused:

also, could you drop the volts a little to reduce temps...?

just a thought, al

p.s if you want to stick with air, check-out the link and review #9 as a possible option, shoud be able to get them much cheaper your side of the pond.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-001-TI

@M733mhz... and it sits very happily on 3Ghz? im tempted to leave mine where it is, just a little worried about shelf-life :freak:

cheers, al

Yeah, I've never had any problems with lock up or anything, I've tested it and it's stable at 3.0 and the temps are never above 40C. Shelf life, pfft, 939 processors are cheaper than dirt so it doesn't even really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom