blue screen on start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nauglamir

Solid State Member
I recently had a problem with a motherboard so I replaced it with this one:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813138262

Using penium 4, geforce5200, and windows xp. I am trying to avoid formatting my HD and reinstalling windows. I selected the defaults in the CMOS setup and when windows started loading, it shows the normal load screen, then there is a quick flash of a blue screen but I cant read the error. I've never set up a new motherboard CMOS so I don't really know what exactly to change.:(

sometimes xp wont load if you give it another mb to run on other than the original one xp installed on

boo@computers. I tried using the XP home install disk to either repair the install or format and install if i had to. It says press any key to boot from cd, which i did, and ive gotten three different things to happen so far.. one time i got all the way to the microsoft setup and while reading files, there was a corrupt file error. so i took the disk out and it looked a little dirty so i cleaned it. then i tried again and after pressing the any key, the computer just sat there not doing anything. I decided it would continue doing that so i retried it and it said couldnt find ntldr. but im not even trying to boot from the HD. does this mean the ntldr is damaged on my install disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom