Almost...buying rig, help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

magezzz

Baseband Member
List of parts are: https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...hListNumber=4550852&WishListTitle=$1,800+Comp

---I'm pretty certain most parts are fine, my major issue is choosing the mobo, so what do you think of ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard, what would be better instead of it ?

---Is a 7200rpm drive gunna bottleneck on a G80gtx system ?

---Is the zalman 9700 good for E6600 ?

---And possibly the most stupid question ever, but im curious, would the 2.4ghz cpu interfere with a 2.4ghz phone ?

Feel free to make comments about my systems as well, any help is very appreciated.

Looks like a pretty nice build! I do have some minor suggestions though:D

That motherboard, although quite good, is quite expensive. You could get a Gigabyte DS3 for about $70 less and still get some nice overclock results. And if you don't want to overclock, you might want to look into getting a Intel-brand motherboard for even cheaper.

A 7200rpm HDD is fine. Games don't rely so much on HDD access time/latency/etc as they do on graphics and processing performance. If you were concerned about it, get a second HDD and set up RAID-0, or even get a Raptor HDD (10k rpm) to install your OS on.

And yes, that cooler is pretty good. Just remember that that heatsink is massive (and massively heavy). If you attend lan parties or otherwise transport your computer anywhere, you are going to have to give extra attention to carrying it sideways, so that the HS stays where it should.

Yeah, Great build. It kind of resenmbels the build I just made (MY signature is not the build). Thye only difference I got the 8800gts not the gtx. Everything is great. I would go with the asus though. 70 more for a better board is reasonable. It also gives you some upgrade ability. You could go quad core, another video card (Hacked drivers for sli) Physics card. There is so much you could do with it. The ds3 board are nice but the asus has all the bells and wisles. Also a 7200rpm drive won't slow down your 8800gtx. Not at all, maybe a little at low settings.

Almost...the same rig I ordered :p

If you want to wait a week or two I could put mine together and let you know how it runs. The only thing different on mine is the case, a 7900gs instead of the 8800gtx (which I'll probably upgrade to soon), and Patriot ram cause I hear it OC's like crazy.

Btw, after a lot of research, the P5B Deluxe is pretty much equal to the P5W performance-wise if you want to save 10-20 bucks. It doesn't come with a remote though, and I hear it doesn't have quite as good of individual fan control as the P5W (when using programs like speedfan, etc). I think it gets along better than the P5W with Kentsfields though. It's up to you, either one will be good. I honestly decided on the P5W instead of the P5B just because of the remote lol, so it just depends what features you want/need.

As for the cooler..tuniq tower is one of if not the best, thermalight ultra-120 is also really good, and the zalman's pretty good but a little noisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom