Problem called Artifacts. Unsolvable??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docter_Aap

Solid State Member
Ok here's the problem. First i had a Geforce MX400 64MB graphic card. But a year or 2 ago it started to become quiet worthless. Since i'm a gamer 4 life i needed a better one in order to be able to play my games.
A few months ago i got myself a Geforce 7600 512MB and there's where the problems begane. When i started a game it started to show so called ''artifacts'' within five minutes. Sometimes it doesnt show them at all but just totally freezes instead. I went back to the store (wich has a good tech-support service) to see what was wrong. They spend 2 hours working with my PC and concluded my card was broken. So I got a new one wich was tested and worked correct. Still the artifacts started to show up. Even at the shop they had no idea what it could be. They had a suggestion that my AGP portal in my motherboard could be broken but they werent shure.

PLEASE help me with this if you can. I would apprechiate it so much.

here are some pictures

Some games are worse then others. This game for example isn't the worst one. But The elder scrolls: Oblivion becomes practically Inplayable. But Hitman: Bloodmoney doesnt show artifacts at all. Sometimes you can see them in flashes but nothing more. (this game is the ONLY one without those artifacts so far).

Computer Spec's:
Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2 GHZ
1260 MB Ram
Geforce 7600 512 MB
DVD player
CD Wrighter
Motherboard Chipset: Intel SiS650

Adittional Picture.
This is supposed to be the Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars Demo

it looks like you need a better PSU. i had this problem a while back when i got a 6600GT and my old PSU couldnt handle it. if you have any lower than 300-350 watts, then get a better one with about 500-600 watts or something along those lines. i didnt check the specs of your card exactly, but that should be easy enough for you to do.

You probaly mean that thing wich you have to connect to most parts wich name i can't remember in english. The thing where you put the electricity plug in. Mine is 380 watts. Not good enough? cause if so i'll see if i can get a better one.

Yes, that is the power supply. It could be that the card along with the other components in your case are too much of a drain. Do you have anything NON-ESSENTIAL like lights and extra 'Bling' that is running that isn't necessary for the operation of the PC? If so, then try unhooking it to see if the trouble goes away. If you have more than one optical drive or hard drive, try using a single one of each, etc. etc...

Nope, only got the really nessesary hardware connected. but this is the picture:

Specs:
2 GHZ processor
1260 MB Ram
NVIDIA Geforce 7600GS (512MB)
60 GB Hard Disk

Versus

380 Watts power supply box thingy.

too much for it to handle? cause the guy at the store really told me it SHOULD be sufficient. Also is it possible that there is something wrong with my motherboards AGP portal?

yeah... try a new PSU, guessing you purchased and didn't buy system so another problem arises that it could also be a CHEAP PSU. Another thing to make sure of is that you have adequate ventillation, but I'd agree that the PSU is more than likely the culprit.

God ****. Important lesson, alway's read the **** box. It says; at least 400W. lame. Both me and the guy at the store completely looked over it. Ah well thanks for the help anyway guy's. Gonna get my new PSU tomorrow

Got a new PSU. And it didn't work...

LAME!!

good thing i can get my money back. it was expensive.

Guess there's nothing else to it then save up enough money for a new PC. Not that that takes TOO long but i'm just impatient :p

anyone got some other suggestions btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom