X1950 PRO catalyst control program & drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanos63

Baseband Member
i have just installed my new radeon x1950pro 512mb, but i think i'm having some driver issues.

I pulled my 6800gt out i plugged this card straight in, do i have to unistall the old GC drivers first?

when i look in my computer, hardware, device manager, under display adapters i have radeon x1950 pro secondary & radeon x1950 series secondary, is this correct?

i installed the drivers from the ati website first then dimwittingly put the driver cd in and accidently installed those drivers as well, which seemed to be older, anyway this caused problems with my display so i quickly entered safe mode and rolled back to the newer driver from the website, i think i got that problem sorted, apart from now i have the display adapters problem.

also i installed the catalyst control center, but this seems to cause no end of problems, i keep getting microsoft error messages, sayiong there is a problem with this program. I only wanted it because i wanted to overclock the card, but when i try and make it detect the optimum it can't make it all the way through the process without it pulling up an error.

this is what brings me back to the drivers, is there some sort of way to clear ALL the display driver and start again? and i'm not sure about the problem with the catalyst control program!

help, sorry for going on.

you have to uninstal the old drivers..there was an app which I cant remember the name of atm that will wipe all video drivers off your system. Once I remember the name Ill tell you but till then you should try to manually uninstall all the nvidia and ati drivers.

yeah cheers i have sorted it now, thanks.

this cards are virtually unoverclockable, i have problems even if i try to bump it up a tiny bit on the memory, anybody else having problems?

in my opinion, overclocking a graphics card is a BAD idea. They become very unstable, Overheat like mad, and besides an X1950Pro doesnt need overclocking, its not like it struggles with games .... I know, because i have a H.I.S X1950Pro IceQ3 Turbo (FACTORY Oc'ed 256Mb Edition) < And it totally owns people wont beleive me when i say i play FEAR at Maximum Settings with 4x AF and 2xAA (I'll be honest ... at 1024x768). Anyway my point is Oc'ing is not worth it.

i agree on this one, this card is the best AGP card ever, i will leave this alone, i can play the new Arma Armed Assault with high settings at a good pace with no loss of frame rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom