IS this SLI or QUAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawizhacker

Daemon Poster
A freind of mine think that is you have 1(7950GX2) it's sli; I'm just saying that it's not sli, but it is dual GPU.

But if you have two 7950GX2 that's SLI and quad GPU'S right?

He also thinks if there is two of the 7950Gx2 cards it's called quad sli, I'm saying it's called sli cards but quad GPUS.

THANKS

What Dawiz is trying to say is that two 7950 gx2's wouldnt be considered quad sli, but it is seeing as one 7950 gx2 is two cards sli'd but only use one pci-e

(he thinks that two 7950 gx2's would be considered sli but it would be quad hence the 4 gpu's)

I disagree, regardless of what the article says.

Although there is a bridge, it is a proprietary connector, that Nvidia themselves do not consider as SLI.

Who really cares if it is Quad SLI or not. Seriously. If you have two 7950GX2's you should just shut up and enjoy your games @ max settings. ;)

The 7950GX2 is not just a dual GPU, it is TWO CARDS in one. Two complete PCB's bolted together with an SLi bridge.

So, technically, 2x7950GX2 is QUAD SLi just simply because there are technically four video cards linked together. Though there are only two PCI-e slots used, so it's only regular SLi (linking two cards together).

I'm not sure if that made any sense...but it made sense to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom