Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake said:
Sorry if this has already been posted:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/29/xp-vs-vista/page4.html

It gets more alarming as you go through the pages.

you didn't have to been a rocket scientist to figure that out. xp is faster.

the only thing the vista is was faster in with me was using nero 7 (who specific made their latest encoder for vista and 64 bit processore ) for video editing. hopefully when they get vista 64 bit together, it will show some promise in speed

some of those comparisons are unfair

vista has a completely different architecture than xp

it's a wonder they would even test programs that are designed for a completely different file and system structure...

and the only games that really take a hit are the open gl games which do not have full support yet

I suppose it was a business move for microsoft to make dx10 take priority in their os, as they are still a leading game platform, it seems to me they want to phase out open gl, but that won't be happening any time soon, as all games are designed with open gl software and ported from the design application into the appropriate run time environment

I suppose we can thank the open gl team for this:
http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=34586

perhaps they should install those then try a few open gl games again, that might be fair...

Juice Daddy said:
some of those comparisons are unfair

vista has a completely different architecture than xp

it's a wonder they would even test programs that are designed for a completely different file and system structure...

and the only games that really take a hit are the open gl games which do not have full support yet

I suppose it was a business move for microsoft to make dx10 take priority in their os, as they are still a leading game platform, it seems to me they want to phase out open gl, but that won't be happening any time soon, as all games are designed with open gl software and ported from the design application into the appropriate run time environment

I suppose we can thank the open gl team for this:
http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=34586

perhaps they should install those then try a few open gl games again, that might be fair...

even so, xp is just plain faster. I hate browsing the internet with vista and I have roadrunner

iTunes 7.1 Still Flakey With Vista

The new iTunes 7.1 is out and apparently there are a few kinks still left when used with Windows VistaÂ… including possible corruption of your iPod upon ejection from a PC.

Apple removed that outright warning from its Web site on Monday and stated instead that the updated iTunes is recommended for use with most editions of Windows Vista. But Apple also conceded that some glitches, including possible corruption of a user's iPod player upon ejection from a PC, remain.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/06/AR2007030601416.html

EricB said:
even so, xp is just plain faster. I hate browsing the internet with vista and I have roadrunner

i notice no difference in performance with most apps btwn vista and XP. only diff i notice are my FPS in high demanding games. like WoW and BF2142

Re: iTunes 7.1 Still Flakey With Vista

Warez Monster said:
The new iTunes 7.1 is out and apparently there are a few kinks still left when used with Windows VistaÂ… including possible corruption of your iPod upon ejection from a PC.

Apple removed that outright warning from its Web site on Monday and stated instead that the updated iTunes is recommended for use with most editions of Windows Vista. But Apple also conceded that some glitches, including possible corruption of a user's iPod player upon ejection from a PC, remain.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/06/AR2007030601416.html

I'm glad you said that. I was having issue saturday with it. the next time that I was going to use vistaI was going to hook it up and leave it on for a few hours. I was using nero to encoding ipod video and if itunes was working right it would have put it on, but Itunes kept acting stupid and I was cntrl alt dlt it off

is it just me or does vista not have a loading screen logo (in xp its the screen where after your machine POSTs and you get a windows XP with a scrolling bar before going into your OS) after i installed vista i just see a scrolling bar.

ms removed the windows logo because they believe it will speed up the boot process and it has that windows orb that flashes right before login.

ms removed the windows logo because they believe it will speed up the boot process and it has that windows orb that flashes right before login.

LOL... nice one =P.
You can enable a boot screen, I think its called Aurora. GO to Start, then type in msconfig. Go to your boot options, and check No GUI Boot. You'll get this neat boot screen, but no scrolling bar.

After months and months of speculation about whether Fiji is simply the codename for Windows Vista's first Service Pack (SP1), Vista R2 and even a whole new version of Windows, it seems yet another possibility has been added to the table.

Today, Mary Jo Foley posted an interesting article on her blog claiming that Fiji is indeed an interim release of Windows and will be the next version of Windows Media Center. It was also noted that Fiji is expected to be released before Windows Vienna (or "Seven").

Foley also sourced a blog post from back in November 2006, which was posted by Charlie Owen, one of the product managers for Windows Media Center. The post claims that Fiji is indeed the next version of Windows Media Center.

view.gif
View: Mary Jo Foley's Blog Post
source.gif
Source: AeroXperience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom