hooking up a pc to my BIG tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
ok we have a 40 inch widescreen in the liv room building a media centa pc for it... how to connect.. it has composites and HDMI.... and its 40inches so i was wondering what kinda card i should put in bc i want it to look good..... i was thinking a 76 -7800 gs gt maybe....

Im using a hdmi to dvi cable on my 42"lcd. Picture is pretty good but its only 720p do to my old graphix card. My recent budget is holding me back from getting a better one. Alot of graphics cards have dvi ports, so I would have to say its worth a cable!

one thing to rememberis to check to make sure your gfx card is hdcp compliant for future proofness

i have a dvi to hdmi 10-15' cable (i'll have to check). i'm willing to sell cheap. i use it for connecting my 7900GT to my 1080p 50" DLP TV. Turns out, however, that my TV is made to connect to a computer via a vga in port on the back, so i'm going to switch to dvi to vga. pm me if your interested. those cables can be expensive. the dvi to hdmi works well, but there is a special computer mode for my dlp that only works thru the vga port. :( wish i woulda known that before shelling out $50 for a dang cord.

either of those cards should work fine, fyi, the video card does work harder when working 2 screens at once, i would recommend the 7800, especially for gaming. i notice like a 10% or so decrease in fps when playing fear etc.

yeah im going to have it plugged into the tv or the monitor not both at once.... and im not going to be gaming so do i need a hardcore card? im going to be watching movies and music and internet and whatnot...

You will still need a pretty good card to run it on a TV like that...i'm not sure what kind though but expect to pay around 150-200.

Go with the 7800GS as it should work fine.

he needs AGP though and the AGP version is 50 bucks more.

EDIT: an X1950PRO cannot outrun my OC'd 7900GS. 7900GS will overclock and beat an X1950PRo Overclocked at almost every test.

RalliArt882 said:
SAPPHIRE 100176L Radeon X1950PRO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

$165
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102061

512mb version is $210
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102075

Both are HDCP compliant. I'm on the 256mb and gaming is a breeze. I know you aren't a gamer but you're only paying $165 for something that can outrun a 7900gs. I payed $200 for the 256mb when it came out last november.
nvr said i wasnt a gamer.. but this is a non game use rig..... yeah one monitor and just internet and video looking greeat
thanks... TyyK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom