Troubleshooting the PC startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Boss

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,

I decided to say FU to Dell & other major computer manufacturers & decided to build my own. After I assembled all the parts, I had it up & running perfectly, I didn't even encounter a single problem, until now.

--I moved from Charlotte to eastern NC for the summer, so i had to pack up my PC. When I tried plugging everything back in, my monitor was getting a "RGP Input error" & wouldnt read anything from the tower. I have the correct wires hooked in, & they worked prior to me moving. Also, my keyboard will not turn on (num lock, caps lock, scroll lock), but my optical mouse seems fine. I don't know if my Windows will be able to log up since I can't see a thing from the monitor error. I opened up the tower & looked to see if anything was unplugged but nothing was, seemed everything was in its right place. What could be the problem? ANY feedback is very very appreciated, thanks everyone.

-Garrett

You getting power? Remove and reseat the vid card and check. If nothing, reseat memory, processor, etc.

Yep, power works (All fans are working & CPU Fan is spinning).
The keyboard does work, I saw that lights flash up when i booted up the computer. I still get the "RGP Error, No Input signal" when i turn on my monitor after i power up the system. Any idea anyone?

reseated all three, and still same problem. Is there any safety precautions i should exercise when cleaning out my computer (dust).

Well, u should wear Antistatic strap so that when u touch the mobo n the others u wouldnt shortcircuit it.

This problem just happened to a friend of mine. It ended up being a bad stick of memory for him.

Well, everything appears to work fine, memory is brand new so i dont know what it is. (Corsair XMS PC 3200 x 2)

Take a stick of memory out and test it. If you know what you are doing then start unplugging all other devices as well (I.E) Hard Drive, FD, Sound card. If you have a extra monitor try that. If your monitors light turns from orange to green then you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom