Computer for Grandma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might end up just getting a dell. Just cause I'm not always around just in case something breaks. or something with customer service.

yeah, surf the net and email. Dude, you're getting a Dell. You can't beat them for the price, warrenty, support. I hate them. 9/10 people that want me to build them a puter. I tell them, for what you need, better off getting a Dell.

I agree with several of the others. It is really tough to beat Dell on those sub-$500 PCs. Grandma's got time to play WoW though, so make sure it's upgradeable and buy her a copy. :D

As for the 1 guy out of 10 you do (help) build a computer for .. those are the really fun ones anyway, right? Quad core, dual 8800 SLI, RAID 0 monsters and such. If only I got to keep them afterwards.

timblanchard said:
pentium 4...I mean does she just surf the net and stuff, i personally would use the left over money to buy a good monitor, or some speakers.

lol p4 should have been named pOS.
amd x2 3600 95 bucks. you CANNOT beat it.
yer never better off buying a dell.
for gods sake you people shouldnt be sayin that here fu*kin A do you work at dell lol?
lol its tough to beat a dell on a pc for under 500 bucks because it costs del about 12 bucks to slap it together.
call them and ask what brand of ram they use.
lol ask them if you can upgrade your ram.
lol ask them if you can add different ram that theirs. it's good stuff tho lol.
plumber4578, thats cos you're lazy/greedy. lol im sure they are beating down your door, lookin g for you to build computers...
for 500 bucks i can build a rig that stomps the shi*t out of a dell.
care to challenge me?

gimme a break...
if something breaks and you're not around..
lol. like gramma is going to be juicing up her comp...how do reset the cmos, sonny? l.m.f.a.o.
dude. if something is going to go wrong, it will happen pretty quick.
sorry to be so fiesty lol.
BUILD IT YOURSELF.
GRAMMA WILL THANK YOU.

nagasama said:
lol p4 should have been named pOS.
amd x2 3600 95 bucks. you CANNOT beat it.
yer never better off buying a dell.
for gods sake you people shouldnt be sayin that here fu*kin A do you work at dell lol?
lol its tough to beat a dell on a pc for under 500 bucks because it costs del about 12 bucks to slap it together.
lol ask them if you can upgrade your ram.
lol ask them if you can add different ram that theirs. it's good stuff tho lol.
plumber4578, thats cos you're lazy/greedy. lol im sure they are beating down your door, lookin g for you to build computers...
for 500 bucks i can build a rig that stomps the shi*t out of a dell.
care to challenge me?

gimme a break...
if something breaks and you're not around..
lol. like gramma is going to be juicing up her comp...how do reset the cmos, sonny? l.m.f.a.o.
dude. if something is going to go wrong, it will happen pretty quick.
sorry to be so fiesty lol.
BUILD IT YOURSELF.
GRAMMA WILL THANK YOU.

What?

I'll respond to anything is vaguely english in there.

Why? We know that it is going to be value/budget RAM of sorts. Who cares? Is Grandma going to be overclocking?

ask them if you can upgrade your ram.
Again, why? Is this so that Grandma can get her computer running super-fast for Oblivion?

If you are going to try tell someone they are wrong, you should meet the following conditions first:

1) Make sure to omit frequent uses of lol.
2) Support your ideas with FACTS. You have shown nothing but opinions.
3) Slow down the typing a bit, so that you can form more coherent sentences. So that anyone reading your post doesn't have to struggle to understand it.

I do prefer building my own computers. It is what I have always done, and have built computers for other people as well. But, there is a place for Dells, HPs, Compaqs, etc.

Processor - Intel Core2 Duo E6300
Motherboard - Asus P5LD2-VM - 4,500 Rs
RAM - Transcend 1GB (512x2) DDR2
Sound - Onboard, 7.1 channel Realtek ALC882M
LAN - Onboard, Intel Gigabit Ethernet Controller 10/100/1000
Optical Drive - Asus DRW-1608P3S 16X DVD Writer
Hard Disk - Western Digital SATA II HDD 160 GB
Monitor - Samsung/or LG 17 " CRT flat
Keyboard/Mouse - Logitech Keyboard & Optical Mouse -
Speakers - Creative SBS 370 (2.1 Channel)

Elbatrop1 said:
What?

I'll respond to anything is vaguely english in there.

Why? We know that it is going to be value/budget RAM of sorts. Who cares? Is Grandma going to be overclocking?

Again, why? Is this so that Grandma can get her computer running super-fast for Oblivion?

If you are going to try tell someone they are wrong, you should meet the following conditions first:

1) Make sure to omit frequent uses of lol.
2) Support your ideas with FACTS. You have shown nothing but opinions.
3) Slow down the typing a bit, so that you can form more coherent sentences. So that anyone reading your post doesn't have to struggle to understand it.

I do prefer building my own computers. It is what I have always done, and have built computers for other people as well. But, there is a place for Dells, HPs, Compaqs, etc.

lol lol lol lol lol.
sorry dude it was late, too many beers for me.
you're right. it was nothing but my opinion.
you're right. i need to support my ideas with facts.
you're right. i need to not type with a buzz.
you're right. there is a place for dells and whatnot.
i like using lol. because i am lol a lot.
my post was quite coherent. punctuation not so good.
i usually spit grammatically correct sentences like red-hot fire.
"I'll respond to anything is vaguely english in there."<(?) lol.
uh, looks like maybe you should heed your own advice.
lighten up.
i didnt tell any one they were wrong, i simply voiced my opinion that dell sucks.

planepwned5ik.png

Who was pwned?

naga, that one was simply a typo.

Anyways, I'd go with the cheapest Dell you can find, if you're not up to building it (Personally, I'd rather build it.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom