E-mail issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekGirlHere

Solid State Member
Ok, I'm new at this stuff.....forgive me if the answer seems totally obvious to you.....

Windows 2003 Exchange
Watchguard

Many people are having email issues in the office. People will send an email and it sits in their outbox for hours. Or they expect to receive an email and don't receive it when they have confirmed with the sender that it was sent yesterday.

Help anyone?

GeekGirlHere said:
Ok, I'm new at this stuff.....forgive me if the answer seems totally obvious to you.....

Windows 2003 Exchange
Watchguard

Many people are having email issues in the office. People will send an email and it sits in their outbox for hours. Or they expect to receive an email and don't receive it when they have confirmed with the sender that it was sent yesterday.

Help anyone?

what your email (google, yahoo. aol)? check your pop3 setting

Eric,

If she has an exchange server then her email would not be google, yahoo, aol, etc. I bet they are using cached mode within exchange. Enable / Disable Cached Exchange Mode:
Note: Cached Exchange Mode creates a self-synchronized copy of your messages that are stored on both the server and your client.

On the Tools menu, select E-Mail Accounts.

You will now see the E-Mail Accounts Wizard window. Select "View or change existing e-mail accounts" and click Next.

The E-Mail Accounts window will now appear. Select Microsoft Exchange Server and click the Change button.

The Exchange Server Settings window will now appear. Check the box next to "Use Cached Exchange Mode" to enable Cached Mode. Uncheck the box to disable Cached mode. Then click Next.

Now click on the Finish button.

You must now exit and then reopen Outlook 2003 to continue.

not likely, did you check the settings i mentioned above? if cached mode is enabled, it will not go to the server to retrieve mail right away. this is where i would start.

Yes, I saw where the settings were. So I have to do this on everyone's individual machines? There's about 30 in this office.

Also, would the cache cause it to be sluggish when receiving emails?

You need to deselect that box on everyones machine. It is a pain, but you will be the hero when they start getting their mail on time. let me know how it goes. I can almost guarantee 100% this is your problem.

One of the computers in the office is running Outlook 2000, as opposed to 2003...where do I go to do the same thing? I couldn't fine "email accounts' under Tools.

Thanks again..

I would say not to worry about that one. From what I can remember Outlook 2000 does not have the cached exchange mode option. But to verify go to the control panel, right click on mail go to properties. From there you should be able to access the email account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom