internet options

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepyjoe

Baseband Member
hi all i cannot open internet options from control panel or tools, this started when i tried uninstalling IE7 it would not finish uninstalling, said i needed NT uninstaller, went to msn site found it unable to install it,no links on web sites work,When i open IE i get two IE web pages open both white,i have run anti virus found nothing,spy bot found nothing,have spywere blaster,and super antispywere found nothing please help running XP sp2 thanks joe

sleepy either download IE7 or IE6 , then go to c:\program files and rename the existing IE folder. This will allow you to reinstall IE over top of itself. I had a similar issue with IE7 when it was a beta version.

Try rolling back back to IE6, see if the problem still persists. But as you are getting 2 pages that might mean "SPYWARE" but anyways, perhaps it's time to try FireFox :D

you may need to do a system repair, unless you have access to another PC and a thumb drive or cd burner. maybe you should try a system restore to the point before you installed IE7.

ie problems

hi all, thanks for your comments system restore wont go back only got March, how do i roll back to IE6. thanks for the help joe

You can try this, but i am not sure if it will work because I am not exactly sure what happened with your IE7. go to c:\windows\inf.
the inf folder is hidden so you need to go into tools options view, show hidden files. then right click in ie.inf, and click install. It is either going to ask for you xp cd or it is going to ask for the ie7 installation source. Hope this helps

eureeka

hi i think i am going nuts,i thought i would try changing modems disconected my ethernet connected my old speedtouch modem now everything is fine IE6 opens got tool bar back, thanks for all your help, do you think i should try installing IE7 to see what happens or leave it alone as everything seems fine now

post a hijackthis log, pinkfloyd2005 dont know his *** from a hole in the ground, how bout an *** whoopin?? ;)

If warez monster had a brain, he could read your post and see from what you posted, that you probably had a faulty modem. Microsoft posted a kb stating if you installed a beta version of IE7 you may not be able to uninstall it through add/remove programs, or the uninstall could also fail. In this case you would need to delete/rename the ie program folder. If IE is corrupt it can be reinstalled from your original installation disk by right clicking on the IE.inf and clicking install. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom