Yes, It is another new PC thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRAY95

Beta member
Hey all. I'm about to put together a new gaming PC and I was wandering if I could get your opinions. The graphics card will be upgraded to DX10 by the end of the year which is why i'm getting quite a cheap one. Also, I am going to be overclocking the CPU and the RAM so you might want to bear it in mind while going over it. Could you also give me any recommendations on a PSU - I have no idea whether I will be going crossfire eventually.

Gigabyte GA 965P DS3/DS3P/DS4 (havn't decided yet)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

2gb Geil PC6400 800MHz ULL DDR2 RAM

Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming Case

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (775)

X-Fi XtremeMusic OEM

Connect3D Radeon 1900gt

Samsung SH-W183 CD/DVD RW+/RW-

So, what do you think? Thanks guys!

Go for the DS3. I think you should go with G. Skill for ram...not that Geil is a bad company.

The X1900GT is a bad choice for the price. The 7900GS is cheaper and will overclock to speeds faster than an X1950PRO.

The x1900GT used to be a good choice when it was 150 and the 7900GS was 180...now its just not worth it.

I would go with an E4300, the Cheapest DDR2-800 G.Skill ram, and a DS3 for high overclocks.

I own an E6300 but the E4300 has been known to be able to hit 4.0ghz with cheaper ram and it's about 15 cheaper as well.

The Arctic Freezer Pro 7 is an awesome cooler for the price but make sure you do not get ripped off by like newegg by paying $69.99 for one, It should be somewhere 25-30 bucks.

As for the Power supply. I highly reccomend the Corsair 620HX. But you can choose from this list of brands and that would be fine also. Anything about 450 Watts.

PC power and Cooling
Etasis
Zippy
Corsair
Seasonic
Coolermaster (High end models only)
Silverstone
OCZ
Fortron
Enermax

A FPS 450w will run a 7900GS like nothing...he doesn't really need a Corsair for that build...not that Corsair aren't one of the best.

Well I really don't expect him to buy that crappy X1900GT for that much. It's an Ok card but for the price the 7900GS is so much better...

If he does want to go SLI or crossfire though a 500w PSU would work just fine on two mid-end cards like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom