HP Vista upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you get a free copy of vista upgrade ?? i have a hp that has a sticker saying Built for XP...Vista Compatable....do i get a free upgrade?

Unless you revieved a promotional insert with your computer when you purchaced it, which gives you information on how to get a free upgrade, you don't get one.

Being vista compatable simply means that if you decide to buy vista, you will be able to use it on the computer, as vista drivers are readily availible through the manufacturer's website.

Lorithad said:
Unless you revieved a promotional insert with your computer when you purchaced it, which gives you information on how to get a free upgrade, you don't get one.

Being vista compatable simply means that if you decide to buy vista, you will be able to use it on the computer, as vista drivers are readily availible through the manufacturer's website.

not true. everybody that bought a vista capable computer between november and now get a free upgrade. they did this so Christmas sales wouldn't drop because people were waiting for vista

EricB said:
not true. everybody that bought a vista capable computer between november and now get a free upgrade. they did this so Christmas sales wouldn't drop because people were waiting for vista

You're both right. There are masses of computers that were sold before November that had stickers on them that say "Vista Compatible." Those computers are compatible but not eligible for a free upgrade.

But anyway, does anyone know when HP/Compaq is going to ship it? It seems like they should have started already.

I sent off for it the end of last year. I'm still waiting for them to get around to shipping it. They said they were going to ship it the last week of February, but when I checked the first week of March, it said the ship date was still To Be Determined. That's why I'm asking if anyone has heard when it will be shipped.

Edit:
Thanks for looking up the links anyway.

check to see if ms will let you download it. explain to them about hp bsing you

I just checked today, and it finally said my order is approved. The shipping date is still TBD, but at least it's progress.

Edit:

I just got an email that said that my Vista was shipped and I should receive it within a week. So my question is now answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom