should i???

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
okay.i've called my local pc store and they suggest to me that i should stop upgrading my low-end pc.they told me to top $700++ and get a new mobo and processor out.they told me the mobo comes with PCI-E and also mentioned something on SLI or something.din really get it.the processor was a AMD 64 FX dual-core.nv use a amd system b4 so would like to ask for some guildiance.how is the fx dual core different from the core2duo?or the fx dualcore is the same as the first batch of dualcore from intel?pls help,thanks...does it lose to core2 duo alot too??

and also what is the difference between a AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core and a AMD Athlon™ 64 FX Processor??

well in dual core terms amd is bad atm these are the rates:

single core: intel<amd
dual core:Intel>amd
quad core:Intel (amd are going to release theres soon and they are going to be incredible apparently and this is where amd will make up for losing the dual core market

do you overclock???

Matt

yea.i intend to overclock.but how in a way does it lose to core2?but amd is more on the gaming am i right?

well amd plan to be now that they have bought ati there plans are too make one chip which integrates both hardcore graphics and cpu.

Core2duo's are faster easier too over clock and use less power look at

http://tomshardware.co.uk/cpu/charts.html

and you will see which has the better performance.

This is my recommended build for your budget im in the uk though so im not completely confident about the prices on newegg.com

mobo: abit AW9D-max
Cpu: E6600 (e6420 if you can wait till may-april)
Ram: (2x1gb) g-skills hz (its the black ones lol)

any other parts you want??

everything will be doubled as sings currency is much smaller.i've just saw the charts and realised that for gaming and few apps,amd seems to have the upper hand.think amd is just the budget for me.unless the price of intel drop.

sorry i didnt see you were Singaporean i just assumed by the dollars u were American. My step-dad lives in Singapore I went out there for 7 weeks last summer although I am a beach bum so i travelled to malaysia and indonesia to do water sports then actually stay with him lol.

Atm core 2 duo is the way too go ask anyone on here even the amd fan boys core 2 duo when over clocked is the best price/performance available. and the mobo i suggested is very stable and supposedly the best for over clocking if i had waited one week on my build lol I would definately have bought that board

ic.cool...i'll try asking my techie guy if they could actually swap the fx for a core2.that would solve the prob.for the mobo,i'll ask him to change one for a 775.if all exceeds my budget then i guess i'll have to stick with amd:(

if you can afford an FX series AMD chip, then you can afford something like a core2 duo E6600!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom