which case to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys...... I just found this case and it looks cool! Hehe......
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811156075

my original case that I thought I would get was this one......
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811146028

and then I saw that one and thought it looked better. Though, it is a bit smaller than the second one...... so which one should I get? The first one does not have any 3.5" internal drives and the second one has one. I am planning to install a card reader that requires a 3.5" drive maybe I can just get a thingy that I can use to make it fit? Or just get an external card reader or something.

Which one should I go for?

1. http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811156075
2. http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811146028

have u built ur own computer before?

im not trying to be rude, but i think u should go with a full tower, it is definitely worth it. Look at my case, i went by looks n cheap, because i was at a tight budget a year ago when i had my computer built for me by iGamelan, or iGamez *u guys havent heard of them because there was only one group of them but now they ran out of business*. My case's side fan is spinning over 6000 RPM n it is annoying as ****, good thing i have a headset:

*my case must be discontinued for a while, cant find it anywhere, sry*

im planning on fully upgrading my computer, top to bottom, changing everything n buying another HDD. Most likely ill be spending around $4000 in Q3-Q4 2007 *i just got a job as a sign spinner n i calculated i will earn $500 a month so i better start saving*. Here is the case im stilling planning on getting, but i might chooser differ because a lot of complaints with the temp sensor being too short:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144128&ATT=11-144-128&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch

Thanks for the reply. I actually am thinking about getting a Full Tower Case rather than a Mid Tower ones. They seem better for future preferences specially the fact that GPUs are getting larger and longer than ever. I was thinking of this case...... um..... I cant remember the name of it...... found it .....

this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133154

It seems very good as I have seen this case in person. We have this at the CompUSA store I work at but the price is way too high ($220+) so Im difinitely gonna get the one from newegg :D

Though, that will bring my budget way way up......... I did downgrade my PC plans from Ultimate to Premium Vista which saved me $80.00 so I guess I can spend that extra $80.00 to the case instead :D

So here's my build now....... final

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/PublicWishDetail.asp?Source=MSWD&WishListNumber=4532652

If you think there is anything else I should change, please feel free before its too late for me to change em :D

That is going to be a sweet build....All the main parts in that Basket are top notch. That case is a really good case for the money and you should have no heat or space problems.

I mean come on you have the best name brands too heh.

G.Skill
Hiper
Asus
EVGA
Seagate
Acer
Thermaltake

You will be uber happy with that build bud. Come back when you get it in the mail and we'll help you put it together and then you can PM me and I'll help you overclock that bad boy!! Heh then pictures!

Sora said:
That is going to be a sweet build....All the main parts in that Basket are top notch. That case is a really good case for the money and you should have no heat or space problems.

I mean come on you have the best name brands too heh.

G.Skill
Hiper
Asus
EVGA
Seagate
Acer
Thermaltake

You will be uber happy with that build bud. Come back when you get it in the mail and we'll help you put it together and then you can PM me and I'll help you overclock that bad boy!! Heh then pictures!

Yup, I cant wait to make this computer. I will need all the help I can get in building it. I will definitely post pictures as it arrives in the mail before I build it and another set of pictures after I build it. I will be ordering these parts in a week or two so it should be here before April and should be built in time for spring break (first week of april) so I have a week to do it hehe.

Thanks for the input you have given me Sora. Without your help and the people of this forum, I wouldnt have been able to decide whether i should build my own pc or not and which parts to get :D

This forum rocks!

u sure about not getting Vista Ultimate? From what ive heard, it is recommended a must buy for gamers n business workers alike.

dont know y, i just heard of that. Plus, Ulimate is the only edition that gives u the software to upload movies, or just about anything to play as ur desktop, i know this for a fact *coughDVDmoviescough*.

EDIT:

i just saw ur list, u sure u want to get a 64-bit? Heard most software n drivers dont support that, n it requires more ram to use, i think.

hey sora i got a question for ya, if u know for a fact ur processor supports 64-bit OS, would that mean it's best to get a 64-bit OS instead of 32-bit OS? I want to get Vista Ultimate 32-bit, along with one Agena FX later in the coming months.

it doesn't matter really in terms of your CPU performance, if your Chip is designed and can handle 64 bit it shouldn't be any faster or slower than if it were in a 32-bit version. I don't want vista right now as a main, and I don't think I will for at least 5 or 6 months. I may however create another partition and install the most expensive Vista version I can pir...i mean buy. Just to see how it works.

Sora said:
it doesn't matter really in terms of your CPU performance, if your Chip is designed and can handle 64 bit it shouldn't be any faster or slower than if it were in a 32-bit version. I don't want vista right now as a main, and I don't think I will for at least 5 or 6 months. I may however create another partition and install the most expensive Vista version I can pir...i mean buy. Just to see how it works.

wait what? pir? can u type that out a little bit more plz? thx..........hold it right there..........:camera:

lol j/k, i wont tell anyone ;)

my close friend Brad has a pirated Windows XP, n didnt know until months later that he couldnt get access to some stuff.

thx for the info. Can u answer me this though, y is Vista Ultimate attractive to gamers like me? I dont even know y lol, except it has everything n video desktop thing with it.

EDIT:

sry for invading ur thread pinoy3000 :)

Wildside said:

sry for invading ur thread pinoy3000 :)

Thanks for hijacking my thread! :p

j/k

But hey, I dont think Ultimate is worth it though. Except maybe just to get that stupid movie backgrounds (even though it looks cool)

If I aim for ultimate, its gonna cost me 80 bucks more and im already past my budget hehe.

As for 64 bit, I took the 64 bit version because I thought 32 bit versions only support say.... up to 3GB of RAM? Thats what I heard hehe but it may be wrong. :D

I don't think ultimate is worth it either unless they make some more of those extras.. The current ones are completely useless to me.

I'm going to be buying 64 bit home premium once I build. Just cause I don't want to buy another Vista copy once 64 bit becomes pretty important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom