Make sense of these vague instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cementshoes

In Runtime
On the back of your system you will see two cables that actually route the mic/headphone ports to the front. Simply unplug the mic cable on the back of your sound card and plug your mic in there.

My back mic jack doesn't work, this is the help I got, but I don't get it.

cementshoes said:
On the back of your system you will see two cables that actually route the mic/headphone ports to the front. Simply unplug the mic cable on the back of your sound card and plug your mic in there.

My back mic jack doesn't work, this is the help I got, but I don't get it.
where?

the most common problem is that the microphone is muted in the Windows control panel.

go to start -> run -> "sndvol32" (without quotes)

Options -> properties
check "microphone" -> "ok"

uncheck mute from microphone

Inside the back of your system. You will see wires that plug into whats called the jumpers. I believe thats what they are talking about

It's not a setting as the front jacks work. So what do I do w/ the wires on "jumpers" when I find em?

Make sure that you dont have two of them plugged in. Say..... if its a speaker, make sure no headphones is plugged in the front otherwise the speaker (plugged in the back) wont work as it is routed directly to the headphones (plugged in the front).

So if you want to make sure your back mic works, make sure nothing is plugged in the front. If there is non, then I cant think of anything else that may not make your back mic not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom