Athalon64 - x2 HSF compatable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B00mbocks

Baseband Member
ok thanks, how do i find out the manufacture of my mobo? cpu-Z just says unknown....will the stock HSF from my 64 3200 fit on the 3800 x2 so i can just buy it OEM and get some thermal paste?

I think you should be able to read the make of the mobo, just by looking at the mobo, itself.

For HSF compatibility, what socket are they. For example if the 3200 is socket 939, and the 3800 x2 is also socket 939, then the HSF will fit. If the 3800 x2 is a socket AM2, you might have to get an adapter clip or mounting brackets for the AM2 socket.

they are both the same socket ( 939). Is their anywhere on the mobo that i should look for the manufacturer

I imagine it's hard to miss...well at least in my case. It's usually in big white letters on the motherboard.

That's weird that you can't find out who the motherboard is made by... Oh BTW the stock heatsink will work whether it's the one from the X2 on the Athlon or vise verca, they're the same HS/F.

Well it is not anywhere on the MObo i have somtihng called AMI BIos, and it said a lot of manufactors use this but i had to get my BIOs number to find out the manufacture, i used the program they offered, but it did not show it

Is this a 'store bought' computer, or somthing that you built yourself? Store bought being Gateway, Dell, Compaq, etc. etc. If it isn't store bought, as mentioned previously, there should be SOME kind of identifiable markings on it. Either the marker name, or at the very least, the model number & revision number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom