Audio works, but won't record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
I'm a little lost.
With Windows XP the settings as far as I can tell as the same but now with Vista, my volume works fine, I hear it fine out of my speakers and headset when hooked up but when I goto record, it shows my speakers working in my Volume Mixer but nothing, between Sound Forge 8.0 and the stock Windows Recorder, nothing records at all.

Is it maybe the drivers from my sound card conflicting because when I went into recording options, I put Line-in as default but says "Currently Unavailable" where my Microphone says "Working"

Yep, Im stumped; I don't know whether this is software/driver issue or hardware issue of my sound card. Seeing how its happening now with Vista, figured this is the best place to put the thread

What sound card are you using? Have you tested to see if the problem could be the microphone itself?

Why would it be the microphone? I don't want the microphone to record, maybe I should've stated that...thought I did; I want to record something thats already playing from my computer...

Im using an AOpen Cobra 5.1 Surround Sound Card.

...So you actually want to capture streaming audio?

The stock windows recorder records what is coming in through the microphone port. Same with most other recording programs.

Though i've never used it, a friend of mine uses a program called "audacity" to do what I think you want. It can be downloaded for free from here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

You can also use the program to edit sound files, or record new sound files using your microphone.

In your recording options, you have to check the correct recording source. Is there an option called something like "Analog Mix" or "What U Hear"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom