Constructive criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apokalipse said:
AMD's new CPU's are coming out in June, and will work in socket AM2. AMD claims they'll be up to 40% better than the C2D's.

Also, ATI's new video cards are coming out this year (before AMD's new CPU's come out). I think they will be better than the 8800 GTX's.

That sound really tempting, but I don't know if I can wait. The 14.5 fps is just killing me every night.

Originally posted by Jrod
Also it changes what parts you need, like the motherboard and psu.

I was chekcing out new motherboards, cause I don't think the Intel BOXD975XBX2KR is SLi compatible, and I got stuck on the chip sets. Are the nVidia x00 series the only and/or best SLi chip set the buy?

I am looking at a

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817341001

for a psu. I figured 600W should be enough.

There's the 680i and 650i, which has less features I believe. 600w should be enough and ocz is a decent brand.

Jrod said:
There's the 680i and 650i, which has less features I believe.

Well, I don't really mind whether it is an nVidia chip set or not. I guess I'm wondering what would be the best chip set to use for SLi. The Striker looks pretty cool, but the price is beyond me.

Sli is not worth it unless your planning to right away go 8800gtx. still if you want SLI the 680i is the one.

See if you cant find some X-530's as they are 25 bucks cheaper or so but they are really nice.

There are many ways you can cut cost. Go with a cheaper CPU cooler such as a Big Typhoon or so, even an Arctic freezer Pro 7 will work fine. Those are only 28 bucks on Chiefvalue and you don't need extra Paste.

The case is good but it could be overkill...the Gigabyte Aurora is just as good and also Full size.

Go with a Cheaper 680i as they all support 2 PCI-Ex16 slots.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188010

There are many ways to cut costs and I believe the motherboard is the best way since I hate SLI.

SLI is just a waste of money and causes heat problems, takes more watts, and isn't worth it in the end.

Plus by not going SLI you can get a cheaper PSU for 90 or so.

You say you are deep in your wallet already but all the parts you have chosen almost are the best and don't have to be.

You could save almost $100 on just the case if you wanted to. Maybe a Centurion 5. The Arctic Freezer Pro 7 is still a good cooler and cheaper like Sora said, just don't buy it for more than $30 or so. Also, if you don't need SLI you can save a bunch.

Xandrex that last build you posted with the evga board, 8800gtx, e6600, and 2 gigs g-skill ram was perfect!

Originally posted by macdawg
Xandrex that last build you posted with the evga board, 8800gtx, e6600, and 2 gigs g-skill ram was perfect!

Thank you Mac, but you should know something. Out of those 4, only the 8800gtx was my original choice. All of the other parts were recommended to me by tech-forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom