Tricky Upgrade Scenario...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
I am currently broke. I need to buy a plane ticket for $230 within the next two weeks. I will be recv'ing a pay check for $600 on the 15th.

I have just been offered $400 for my:

Asus M2N-SLI
AMD 3800+ X2
PQI DDR2 800 1GB
Thermaltake K8 Silent Cooler
eVGA 7900GT KO

Should I do it? and buy a e6300, 650i, GTS, G Skill 800 1GB?

It would only cost me $300 to upgrade, but the switch would mean spending $$ I didnt have at the time.

i dont get it exactly...
what are you going to upgrade for 300? the am2 rig?
meaning if you sell your current stuff, what are you going to upgrade?
you cant switch for 300, im sure you know. i'm just confused lol...
if you are going to upgrade the am2, how much ya got? whatcha goin to buy?

$700 upgrade - $400 selloff = $300 "out of pocket" basically.

8800GTS 320
e6300
G Skill DDR2 800 1GB
MSI 650i

gotcha. well, if you have no money, it is probably wise to keep your current rig and and your paycheck. or spend it during the trip for which you have to purchase the plane ticket.

nagasama said:
gotcha. well, if you have no money, it is probably wise to keep your current rig and and your paycheck. or spend it during the trip for which you have to purchase the plane ticket.

yeah I agree. keep what ya got for now until you can better afford the upgrades. you will be happier doing that. you never know what is around the next bend of life. you might end up needing that money for some emergency or other unexpected turn of events.

hmm.. Well some offered me $150 for my LCD, so I think I will sell that and use a CRT for a bit. That would put me at $750 in two weeks, with only $230 that I'd haaaave to spend. :cool: I'll go from there...

I always like to have abit more money than i actually need in my bank account, because as above you never know when you might REALLY need it.

Take that monitor deal in an instant as that's a good deal you would get. Then you could get a nice 22 inch for only 120 or so more, or just a better 19 inch wide for only 20 more...still as jonny stated you should hold off for now just incase.

this is getting crazy lol. Tax returns coming, b-day money in april (19 yo), parents want me to go on vaca with them and my brother, but i cant take off thaaat much for work. Life = crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom