going the amd route

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay... so i've decided to just RMA my 680i... and in turn, i'm going to get me an AMD 4x4 system.. fx70 status.. should be able to oc it to a steady 3.0 ghz if done correctly

anyway..... ya, i need me a power house that i can buy overtime.. and amd is giving me just what i need, buy half of my cpu and the other half later.. instead of throwing out 1000 bucks for a core 2 quad at 1 time.

so i'll be returning my 680i and buying that amd recommended thermaltake armor

and when the check comes around, i'll probably buy an fx70..

anyway, this'll be a worklog overtime.. so keep in touch, i'll be updating

probably won't be done with the whole project for a good couple of months though

oh.. and i don't wanna hear k8l blah blah blah, wait, blah blah.... i'm not going to wait, a 4x4 will still manhandle ANYTHING that is here today, and tomorrow... so dont start with me ;)

Man just get a C2D.

JOKING :p

Fairplay to you for sticking with good ole AMD, you might be paying more for the same performance but its still a awesome processor in its own right, ill be watching this thread;)

NosBoost300 said:
okay... so i've decided to just RMA my 680i... and in turn, i'm going to get me an AMD 4x4 system.. fx70 status.. should be able to oc it to a steady 3.0 ghz if done correctly

anyway..... ya, i need me a power house that i can buy overtime.. and amd is giving me just what i need, buy half of my cpu and the other half later.. instead of throwing out 1000 bucks for a core 2 quad at 1 time.

so i'll be returning my 680i and buying that amd recommended thermaltake armor

and when the check comes around, i'll probably buy an fx70..

anyway, this'll be a worklog overtime.. so keep in touch, i'll be updating

probably won't be done with the whole project for a good couple of months though

oh.. and i don't wanna hear k8l blah blah blah, wait, blah blah.... i'm not going to wait, a 4x4 will still manhandle ANYTHING that is here today, and tomorrow... so dont start with me ;)
how about getting an AM2 X2 system, and then later upgrade to an Agena? (Agena will work in AM2)

jonny_uk said:
Man just get a C2D.

JOKING :p

Fairplay to you for sticking with good ole AMD, you might be paying more for the same performance but its still a awesome processor in its own right, ill be watching this thread;)

already got one ;) e6600.. lol

might be buying 1 fx70 this friday

Re: Re: going the amd route

Apokalipse said:
how about getting an AM2 X2 system, and then later upgrade to an Agena? (Agena will work in AM2)

don't need an x2 system... lol, already have my c2d!

and and 2 fx70's will obliterate my e6600 at only 600 dollars... ya, i know the newer structures will take out my 4x4 when i do have it.. but i'm okay with that.... it'll still be one massive system

NosBoost300 said:
already got one ;) e6600.. lol

might be buying 1 fx70 this friday
whaaaattt!!? why are you wasting your money on more than one pc? why not just have one killer rig that beats everything? :confused:

eh if he has the money for multiple different spec systems that he can play with then who are we to judge. hope ya have fun with the new system :)

Finaly someone is doing what no one else would bother with. :) And what is this Agena thing someone mentioned? I haven't kept up with hardware lately since it started to develope at an extreme rate... Will it work in any AM2 system? Or would there need to be a BIOS update? Anyways, yea/....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom