So....carbon fiber case mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pongo

Solid State Member
Hey, I'm new to this forum, but I am very interested in many of the topics on this board. Now only if I can find the time....

Anyways, I was wondering about carbon fiber for use in case mods. Does anyone have a case with this integrated, or completely constructed of CF?

When I build myself my next rig at the end of may/june, I want to make the case sleek and sexy, not too elaborate, but something different. Something to accent the beast within (I'm thinkin dual 8800GTX's or dual X2800XTX's, Quad core CPU, 4gigs Corsair.....) So I thought of carbon fiber, because I've never really seen this used in case mods.

So, what have you got for me?

Actual carbon fiber is very expensive. Theres a guy on XS with a worklog involving carbon fiber in a lian li case. Looks really nice. I would recommend a carbon fiber film, basically a sticker. Looks good and waaaay cheaper.

Unless you're planning to spend atleast half a grand on your case, i'd go with nosbusch's idea and go CF film

CF isn't a real good choice of materials for a computer case. It's expensive, and not really made for a computer case. It's made to be a light-weight yet strong building material.

You're better off to use aluminum and CF film, like others have said.

IMO fake carbon fiber or carbon fiber film is the tackiest thing you can put on anything. I'd rather have a plastic case then a fake carbon fiber one and thats saying a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom