Dell Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracer028

Baseband Member
man i hate dell. I can't upgrade to windows Vista because the hardware driver is not compatible with Vista.

When i downloaded the new dell driver after installing vista, the "intel wireless" device said it is "not the correct operating system" or something like that

Dell basically screwed me over by limiting me to use one operating system...their own one.

That isnt true. I run a Dell and i have Vista installed. Not the OS that came with it either. Make sure you have the Current BIOS and you should be all set.

nah its true.

there the inspiron 700m driver for the chipset has a coding that prevents you form installing any other OS except the one that came with the computer.

Its a pain in the ***. I've tried it with vista and XP professional. Still no luck.

Re:

Hello,

You've most probably downloaded the incorrect driver.

bracer028 said:
...When i downloaded the new dell driver after installing vista, the "intel wireless" device said it is "not the correct operating system" or something like that...

Where did you download the driver from?

There isn't a Vista driver for your wireless device on the dell website's download page for your laptop, but there are vista drivers at the Intel website for your wireless device:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Support_Intel.aspx#

Is this where you downloaded the driver from, and if so, for which wireless device model, and for what OS?

i'm missing the USB driver....

which is

texas instruments PCI xx20 Integrated FlashMedia Controller.

All other drivers are Vista compatible. Except this one. This was the exact same driver that prevented me from installing XP professional.

you can install it don't get me wrong....

you just won't be able to use your hardware to its optimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom