Reformatting Gone Wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

altdas

Beta member
Okay, I will try to make this as short as possible.

Awhile ago, I I reformatted, But during the format, one of my hard drives was not responding, there was nothing I could do, so I just booted Windows on my smaller drive.

The hard drive was never detected during all the time I had Windows booted on the smaller drive.

Just this past Sunday, I thought it was time to reformat again, you all know how Windows need to be reformatted regularly to keep there performance strong. So anyway, The larger drive was working fine, I booted Windows on it, everything was fine. I setup all the applications and drivers I needed. But when I looked into my smaller drive it still had me previous Windows installation in it.

I thought that this was a perfect chance to install Ubuntu over Windows on the smaller drive. So I did. But when I restarted, Grub only detected the Ubuntu installation. When I logged into Ubuntu, I could see both hard drives, but couldn't open the larger one.

At this point, I was pretty ****ed. Got out my Windows boot disk, and booted it on the smaller drive. Logged into Windows, and could open both drives, and could edit files in both.

But, on startup it would automatically boot the smaller drive. Now, all I want to do it wipe out the smaller drive, and have it automatically boot the larger drive. I am wondering if I got a partisjonere, could I use it too delete everything on the smaller drive, and maybe my computer would automatically boot the larger drive?

@ sPlAtOiD: I'm not to keen on opening my tower.

@ joowan: I have tried that, no luck. Infact, when trying that, my settings now only boot up the smaller drive, I can't even access the larger one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom