ram voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hey all.
i have corsair xms pc-6400c4 ram. shut up sora lol.
i currently run it (normally) at 4-4-4-12 @2.1v 430ishmhz.
i can run it at 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v at 500mhz.
i am wondering what is the highest safe (sic. its not on fire)voltage to put to it?
i dont want to fry it, but i do want to try and get it up to like...ddr2-1100+.
lol i know corsair says 2.1v, but i dont think it will push much past ddr2-1000 with that.
anyone care to give input?

OMG HAHA I really didn't even plan on coming here and i clicked on the link to find your like "shut up sora" lmfao wonderful.

My friend had XMS2 and he used to use 2.3 and it was safe. he fried it though on a type-o of 2.7 by using the number pad ( meant to type in 4 HAHAHA) but anyway I would say try 2.3 at least and see what you can get.

Hey, I never really OCed before so forgive me. Recently, I just put together a new system and want to try it...... I did read some basics on the topic on a few sites but there's still a lot I don't understand. So I want to ask a quick question regarding RAM voltage and RAM clocking....

I have 1GB stick of Corsair DDR2 800mhz (400mhz) RAM in my system right now... it's running at 2.1V. Basically, from what I understand and from what I read, you want to OC the RAM freq so that it at least matches my CPU FSB freq. For my Intel E6600CPU, the FSB is supposedly at 1066mhz. So can I increase the RAM freq by 200mhz WITHOUT increasing the voltage (say 2.3V)?? Also, my motherboard doesn't allow me to just "input" a RAM freq, I have to select from a very limited list of RAM SPD multipliers.... so I just wanted to know if this is indeed the way it's done?

If I bought another stick of the same RAM and ran dual channel, would this remedy the problem without having to OC?

Also, one last newbie question, what's the difference between internal clock and external clock?

Hope someone helps clarify some basics for me, thanks.

^^^ You would benefit a lot more info wise if you posted your own topic :).

Nagasma; send it through the roof lol :D. You seem to have good luck with the crazy voltages in your system.

Anything over 2.4 for DDR2, 24/7 will fry the ram in about a weeks time.

Unless you have Cell Shock ram which can take up to 3.2

yeah, well...its really no matter as my mobo wont let me supply ram with over 2.3V
@ that voltage i can run ddr2-1100 4-4-4-12-22-2T all day long.
woot.

Thats quite overkill though...C2D have been tested to run best at CL4 while most people think that CL3 would be better, it's not though on a C2D.

Cheap G.Skill HK ram can do DDR2-1000 at 4-4-4-10 quite easily and cost about 100 less than your RAM.

It just depends on the person and what they want.

Once again yea I say 2.3v is about the max you want to go.

wait a minute guys, i thought the lower the voltage, the better in RAM. Reason DDR3 is being made is to have lower voltage but perform at higher frequenzies, so y increase ur RAM's voltage if u know that it's just going to damage it sooner?

EDIT:

here is the RAM ill be getting later this year when Agena FX hits *i know i said 2 x 2GB but from what ive learned about how much RAM 32 bit Vista takes, im just gonna get 2 pairs of 1GB sticks*.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145034

i will be glad to OC it, but again, is it necessary to raise the voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom