which combination will be better for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did say that chingchong so you're alright. Yea though it's true that for a few months still a 7600GT would work but what happens when you need something more powerful? You wasted 109 bucks or something then lol.

i know that, if u read my first post in this topic ull see that i said dont get a 7600 cuz it wont be long until ull want a 8800 :D

Sora said:
what happens when you need something more powerful? You wasted 109 bucks or something then lol.

Not necessarily wasted, you could always sell the old one. Or if it's an evga I hear you can do the "step-up" program and just pay the difference.

allright i think i'm gonna go with the 8800gts with 1gb ram choice. will this run crysis or something like battlestations midway with good framerates?

EDIT: can you guys also recommend a good stick of 1gb ram? and i read on the gigabyte ds3 specifications that the ram must be 1.8volts, so would this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231085 G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 not work with the gigabyte ds3?

Do you have Vista? If you do, the minimum ram requirement for the game (according to a few sites) is 1GB. If on XP, the min req is 768MB.

no, gonna stick with xp for a while before i switch over.

You will have 2gb before crysis comes out man....it's only 90 bucks or so for another gig and you have months still.

Crysis is still a year or more away, ud have 2gb ram by then. and if u got vista im very sure ur gonna want 2gb ram as soon as u can, and when it comes to ram i brought some cheap 150$ 1 gig ram, but u can also get something more high end for around 350$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom