Final Builds!! Two builds comparison which one should I go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, Im finally building my pc in just a matter of days!

I do need your guys' help however as I am no expert in choosing computer parts.

After continuous research, here are two builds that I came up with.......

Wishlist 1 - Final PC 1 Total $1,540.89

Wishlist 2 - Final PC 2 Total $1,751.89

Two Major Differences..........

Wishlist 1
- CPU: E6400
- GPU: 320 MB GeForce 8800GTS
- PSU: 450W Forton (Only one PCI-E Connection, GPU needs two)
- Monitor: 19" Widescreen DVI

Wishlist 2
- CPU: E6600
- GPU: 640 MB GeForce 8800GTS (Changed to EVGA instead of Leadtek as suggested)
- PSU: 580W Hyper as Sora suggested :D (Has two PCI-E Connection, what my GPU needs)
- Monitor: 22" Widescreen DVI

For only a $200.00 difference, it doesnt seem like a bad jump at all. What do you guys think?

Any other comments are welcome too. I just want to make sure I'm making a good Gaming PC that will last a few years or so.

Similarities between both builds and differences
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- NZXT Apollo SILVER NP Silver SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
- 2GB Same Brand Different Model RAM
- Hard Drive Size, Wishlist 1 has 500GB (Western Digital) and Wishlist 2 has 320GB (Seagate)

Hopefully either of these two will work for me. It seems like a good build, I think I may have to go with the second build but that will delay me say about a week or two. But its well worth it :D

What do you guys think? Thanks for all the help. If you think I should downgrade to Windows Vista Premium from Ultimate, then just say so. I dont even know why I chose Ultimate, it just looks and sounds cooler haha.

Your card doesn't need two PCI-E connectors first off for that card and second of coarse go for the second choice, it's much better for that much more.

I say #2. You'll enjoy that 22" widescreen over that 19" and a 640mb GTS should handle that with ease. However, I recommened changing from Leadtek to Evga since they seem to have an awesome rep for customer service.

I'm also pretty sure you'll never use 500GB of HDD space unless you have tons of photos or video. People here tend to say Seagate is on top too at the moment. I have a 250GB WD 7200rpm 16m cache HDD that has given me no problem, and I can tell you I'll never fill that up. So, the 320GB Seagate should do you fine.

EDIT:

People might tell you to go 680i for the mobo instead of 650i, but I'm just speculating and have nothing further to say about it.

Yea choice two but actually I dunno how much he will enjoy 3 extra inches either way.

I went from a 15inch standard to a 19inch wide and would rather have a speaker system right now....I mean of coarse it's nice to have but I didin't NEED even 4 inches and a widescreen really. I actually find myself regretting it becuase I don't have any speakers right now >.> and I could have got a monitor later.

Heh his cash though.

I was in the same position. I had a 15in. monitor and three year old speakers. What should I do? 20.1 inch monitor, or Z-5500s? Ended up getting monitor first, speakers two months later (last weekend infact) and now I'm happy.

I'd rather have the awesome speakers since the quality of the graphics are still really good anyway...but I have no speakers...i'm just going to get some X-540's in a month or so.

Sora said:
Your card doesn't need two PCI-E connectors first off for that card and second of coarse go for the second choice, it's much better for that much more.

Thanks for that info, so should I go for the Forton PSU or the Antec ones with the two PCIE anyways?

If you watch dvds/movies or game extensively on your computer, go with the bigger monitor.

#2 is what I'd go with, but I'd get a different psu cause I keep hearing bad things about SP2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom