Building a $ 4,000 gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sora said:
They make good for the money but still $4000??? I'd rather have like one of the best names rather than just a "good" name.

Like I said I'm sure it will work but theres always that chance.
there's a chance any PSU you get is going to die and fry your components.

But it's very unlikely with a good PSU. This includes the Cooler Master power supply.

No, not for 4 Grand. Look at any website,
OverclockersClub
OC Forums
Hardforum
Tomshardware
anandtech

And you will see noone reccomending coolermaster power supplies for medium to high end builds.

Your are the one and only person I have ever known to. Which is fine, but your only going from your personnal experience. Which does NOT face up to the experience and information of the websites I posted.

Im not saying Coolermaster is a bad company, all I am saying is that THEY are NOT for Medium to high end builds. I will concede that they are adequete for low end builds but for nothing else.

And look, this guy and many others have by no stretch of the imagination a tight budget, therefore for the money there ARE MANY better power supplies out there then cooler master. Common for 250$ he chooses a Coolermaster....! LOLED! Looking quickly at newegg there are two EXtremely good power supplies just under 250$
Silverstone 850 Watts
PC Power and cooling 750 Watts
If your saying your would rather have that Cooler master overr either of those power supplies you would either be lieing, or on some short of good drug.

I am also not saying he should go buy (Although others are) another power supply because his first choice is or was bad. He should use it until problems arise that are traced back to said power supply.

Sorry, but coolermaster is not a highly reccomended power supply by the majority of reputable forums.
Argumentum ad numerum.

Whether or not people recommend it is irrelevant. that cooler master PSU is a good quality PSU, and it will more than handle his build.
The statement that Cooler Master PSU's are only good for low-end builds, is ignorant. If it is a good quality, stable PSU that can output the necessary (rated) amount of power fine, then it will suit a high-end PC just the same as a low end PC.

Here's something you probably didn't know:
most PSU brands don't actually make or even design their own PSU's.
This includes most of the high-end brands as well.

It is highly likely that a Cooler Master PSU is made by the same company as, say, an Antec, or a Silverstone.

Silverstone 850 Watts
PC Power and cooling 750 Watts
If your saying your would rather have that Cooler master overr either of those power supplies you would either be lieing, or on some short of good drug.
this is the fallacy of Bifurcation.

I don't know why there is such a big predjudice about Cooler Master power supplies here, but it will run your system fine.
The likelihood of it dying is on par with the high-end brands like Thermaltake, Antec etc..

ok, so probably cooler master was not the better choice. But is it so bad or can i stuck with this psu for my build, is it really going to fry my stuff?

Apokalipse said:

Argumentum ad numerum.

1.Whether or not people recommend it is irrelevant. 2.that cooler master PSU is a good quality PSU, and it will more than handle his build.

3.Here's something you probably didn't know:
most PSU brands don't actually make or even design their own PSU's.
This includes most of the high-end brands as well.

4.It is highly likely that a Cooler Master PSU is made by the same company as, say, an Antec, or a Silverstone.

1. It is relevant. To think its not, is, well ignorant for lack of a better word. (Not that I am trying to Insult you on purpose :( )

2. I Didn't say it wouldn't, if you read my post youll see that I said and I qoute: "I am also not saying he should go buy (Although others are) another power supply because his first choice is or was bad. He should use it until problems arise that are traced back to said power supply." Im not saying he will have problems, all I said was that for 250 Bucks there are many better choices. "

WHICH is true whether you chose to acknowledge it or not.

3. I did know that. :confused: :amazed:

4. IF such was the case I would Include Coolermaster on my list. But such is not the case so far as the many sources I view have written.

If you can prove to me that coolermaster is made by a reputable Manufacture such as the ones that make said power supplies on the List I so Often list then I will tip my cap, say your correct and put it on the list. Until such time it will not be. I find it hard to believe that the sites and forums I visit would not reccomend coolermaster power supplies if they are so good and simply rebadged power supplies made by a reputable manufacturer.

janoloco said:
ok, so probably cooler master was not the better choice. But is it so bad or can i stuck with this psu for my build, is it really going to fry my stuff?

Stick with it. You already bought it, no reason to buy another one unless this one has problems. We were only commenting that you COULD have bought something MORE reputable given the amount of money spent.
It will not fry your computer (So we can hope, with any power supply).

it is fine and willwork just fine probably. We're just saying since your using the most expensive components here it would just have been wise to get a very trusted PSU.

As stated there is no denying that any PSU can work and Cooler Master are decent for the money but in terms of raw stability and overall safe PSU's...Corsair and other on that list are what I would want in my 4,000 system.

janoloco said:
no, the Cooler Master PSU is not bad at all. it will run your system fine, and it is very unlikely that it will die fry your parts.

the likelihood is about the same as other good brands, such as Thermaltake and Antec.
Sora said:
As stated there is no denying that any PSU can work and Cooler Master are decent for the money but in terms of raw stability and overall safe PSU's...
Cooler Master are among the top. Irrespective of how popular/unpopular it is.

*edit*
I don't want to sound like I am desperate for him to stick with the Cooler Master. it's his chioce.

I'm only stating that they are a good brand, irrespective of what other people might say.

True but NOT as likley as say Corsair or Seasonic and a few others.

I would like to have the highest chance of not frying 4 grand if I were him.

Lol...I would rather not take any chances with fricking four thousand dollars here. I guess i'll spell it out. Four-Thousand dollars lol.

Even though his PSU would probably never die...what if it DID? What happens then? Plus for that much money I could get a better PSU anyway he's not on a budget here.

Apokalipse said:

I'm only stating that they are a good brand, irrespective of what other people might say.

But how good compared to the list my sources have produced? The point here is not whether he should buy a different power supply. The point here IS not that coolermaster is good or bad.

The point here, is, for 250$ there are better Power supplies. Many... :confused:

The arguement is over. Noone is saying (Well maybe Sora :p) that coolermaster is bad, or will blow up and fry.

What I am saying is that for 250$ he could have spent less on a better Power supply.

Im Done here. Apock, you keep saying coolermaster is good regaurdless of popularity. (And I am in no way saying that popularity always determines what is good and bad.) I ask for proof. Links to reviews, tests, experiements. That demonstrate/prove that he bought the best he could for 250 or less dollars...

Bye Bye.

Ste said:
1. It is relevant. To think its not, is, well ignorant for lack of a better word. (Not that I am trying to Insult you on purpose :( )
why is it relevant?

why does the number of people who support a company make the company's products better?

really, it doesn't.

2. I Didn't say it wouldn't, if you read my post youll see that I said and I qoute: "I am also not saying he should go buy (Although others are) another power supply because his first choice is or was bad. He should use it until problems arise that are traced back to said power supply." Im not saying he will have problems, all I said was that for 250 Bucks there are many better choices. "

WHICH is true whether you chose to acknowledge it or not.
how much better?
is it actually significant?

4. IF such was the case I would Include Coolermaster on my list. But such is not the case so far as the many sources I view have written.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/SMPS_UL.htm

ENHANCE ELECTRONICS CO LTD

they make the Cooler Master 850W PSU's.
they also make some of Silverstone's (Element and Strider) PSU's
*edit*
PCP&C is often built by Seasonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom