Browser Help Objects? In Regards to Google Toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhengHe

In Runtime
Basically, what are they? Is it good to have them enabled or disabled and why? This is in regards to the google toolbar. I was in the process of installing it, but it said that I had my browser help objects disabled and in order for it to work it would need them enabled. Seeing that I don't know what browser help objects are I didn't touch it and won't until I know.

Here was its exact wording:"Your computer currently has browser help objects disabled. Google Toolbar will not work unless you enable them". Thanks for your help in advance. :confused:

Basically browser helper objects are browser plugins that attach themselves to a browser. e.g. google toolbar or any other toolbar is a browser helper object.
I think enabling them makes ur computer more vulnerable to spywares.

Ok, this is kind of like a follow up question I guess. Do you think its worth it to install google toolbar on IE? I mean I only use IE maybe 8% of the time that I browse, and thats being generous. The rest of the time I use Mozilla or Mozilla Firefox, mostly Firefox. I just wanted to make IE a little bit more functional for times that I am forced to use it, but if the risk is larger then the benefit then I won't install it. I think the last time my browser was hyjacked was about 4 years ago when I didn't know that Mozilla even existed. Anyway I already have a little spyware program I use for when I use IE. Popup Stopper. I'm not sure if its the best or most customizable, but since I only use it a fraction of the time that doesn't really bother me. Anyway, do you think in my situation that enabling these browser help objects and installing google toolbar would be more of a benefit or a risk and if you think its more of a risk, perhaps you could post some alternatives. Thanks and I hope to hear back from you guys with some posts real soon, btw Microbell I'll get you that PGP info tomorrow, sry its kind of late and I'm tired. I'll get it to you as soon as possible, btw is there any other function that Hyjackthis does besides preventing rogue spyware programs from hyjacking your IE?

You think Hyjackthis might be helpful anyway, or I don't need it since I mostly use Mozilla Browsers?

You think its a good addition to Adaware, Spybot, and Spyblaster or unnecessary if I have those 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom