My Possible gaming system! Comments plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AMD64 3200+ is clocked at 2.2 Ghz, however it performs just as fast as a 3.2 Ghz, if not faster. Hence the name 3200+. 1600 FSB is also incredible... Overall, this chip is AMAIZING!... I am buying it myself in the next week as I heard such good things about its capabilites. Not only does it have a greater socket, it is also 64 bit!

Personally I like Intel processors, but you'd save more money by going with an AMD. Also, perhaps look at getting a DVD-ROM drive, instead of 56x CD-ROM, this is the 21st century after all... many games will begin shipping on DVD-ROM (UT2004, FarCry, etc.).

Vivid Dream said:
Also, perhaps look at getting a DVD-ROM drive, instead of 56x CD-ROM, this is the 21st century after all... many games will begin shipping on DVD-ROM (UT2004, FarCry, etc.).

dont worry, i got one in my computer now, ill just take it out...and use the 56x cd dive in the old computer

well, i'd say get an AMD 64bit CPU and an n Force 3, also, OCZ make really nice memory i find, or Kingmax, To keep up with this spec you might wanna also invest in an Radeon X800 XT Platignum, a swish card to go with that beast of a system ;) - case is nice btw i got one in blue. but you may aswell get a DVD Rewriter now, they're barely anything, about £60 Sterling, and then you can run Fedora Core 2 on another partition after you've gamed yourself stupid with that thing ;)

oh wait...AMD's...do they use a different type of RAM? whats the difference between P4 and AMD...as in hardware

They both use the same type of RAM.
The architecture of processors is different.
AMDs have shorter instrution pipeline when compared to that of INTEL. Hence they perform better and run hotter even though they hav lesser clock speeds.
AMD has L1 cache of 128K compared to 16K of Pentium.

From the user's point of view--
Needs high multitasking capability--Go for P4
Requires a very good performing processor----AMD
Requires a good processor for gaming--AMD
Requires a processor to handle heavy image editing stuff or wit a very high Content Creation index,Price no bar----P4
Requires a processor which can outperform the intel at the same price----AMD
A Processor which is more futureproof--AMD 64 series

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom