which combination will be better for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
core 2 duo E6300 + 2 gb ram + gigabyte ds3 + eVGA GeForce 7600 GT KO 256MB DDR3

OR

core 2 duo E6300 + 1 gb ram + gigabyte ds3 + 8800gts

i am almost positive that the first combination will be cheaper.

of coarse the 8800GTS....you can upgrade the ram very easily for 80 bucks or so. When you build your PC have upgrading in mind.

I would get the first combo unless you have a monitor with rediculously high resolution, but to each his own.

It is MUCH MUCH easier to do an 80 buck upgrade on your RAM than it is to upgrade to a 300 buck video card after, shoot for the 8800GTS now and if you have a smaller monitor even better.

Well option B is going to run atleast $100 more and that's without the other gig of ram he'll want to add. Basically it comes down to how hardcore of gamer you are and which part you rather upgrade later, the ram or vid card. Keep in mind if you're going to switch to Vista or you do a lot of multitasking, 2gb ram can make a big difference.

Option B is going to offer a lot higher gaming quality though and be MUCH more future proof. With that 7600GT he will have to upgrade it very soon if he expects to play games at decent frames, while if he goes with the 8800GTS he will be so much more future proof with DX10 and a fast card.

Even if he spends 100 more now he will have to spend at least 200 more or so soon enough for a better card and then he will have wasted th0 109 bucks or so on the 7600GT. It's like he will be spending the same amount on a video card eventully while still having a slower card than an 8800GTS.

Ram is easy to upgrade and 1GB is fine for decent windows gaming. I played Oblivion on 1GB for 30 hours and it was fine never really thought "This sucks becuase its slow".

have upgrading in mind becuase technology gets outdated fast.

so 1gb of ram with the 8800gts 320mb will pretty much run any game out there right now with decent framerates.

True, for just "gaming" the 8800gts would be better. For a better multiuse system I'd still go with the first. But since this IS a thread about just gaming performance, go with the second build.

I wouldn't even if he wasn't a hardcore gamer. Ram is the easiest upgrade you can make to a computer and 1GB runs on windows XP fine even for multitasking.

he wants to have upgrading in mind and yes an 8800GTS and 1GB will give MUCH higher frames than 2GB and an outdated 7600GT >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom