Building a $ 4,000 gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are some of the best but theres still a lot of other trusted companies I would let my system run on. In no list is there Cooler Master though lol.

They make good for the money but still $4000??? I'd rather have like one of the best names rather than just a "good" name.

Like I said I'm sure it will work but theres always that chance.

No, not for 4 Grand. Look at any website,
OverclockersClub
OC Forums
Hardforum
Tomshardware
anandtech

And you will see noone reccomending coolermaster power supplies for medium to high end builds.

Your are the one and only person I have ever known to. Which is fine, but your only going from your personnal experience. Which does NOT face up to the experience and information of the websites I posted.

Im not saying Coolermaster is a bad company, all I am saying is that THEY are NOT for Medium to high end builds. I will concede that they are adequete for low end builds but for nothing else.

And look, this guy and many others have by no stretch of the imagination a tight budget, therefore for the money there ARE MANY better power supplies out there then cooler master. Common for 250$ he chooses a Coolermaster....! LOLED! Looking quickly at newegg there are two EXtremely good power supplies just under 250$
Silverstone 850 Watts
PC Power and cooling 750 Watts
If your saying your would rather have that Cooler master overr either of those power supplies you would either be lieing, or on some short of good drug.

I am also not saying he should go buy (Although others are) another power supply because his first choice is or was bad. He should use it until problems arise that are traced back to said power supply.

Sorry, but coolermaster is not a highly reccomended power supply by the majority of reputable forums.

Exactly, there is no denying that any company has a chance to make good PSU's. I have a medium end system that was on a tight budget running a Rosewill PSU that I payed 33 bucks for. It works fine but do I completley trust it to last in a year or two? Lol yea right >.< I would rather have a FPS 450w but that was 20 bucks more and my budget was extremely tight already.

Like Ste said most high end builds use more reputed companies.

lol "the black ones" yea the HZ's are incredible for the money. I would RAID 0 two seagate 250 or 320gb 7200.10's for awesome performance

lol i couldnt remember ive got corsair xms2 which aren't great. I found my build rather disappointing in the end and i dont have any high end games to test it on :(

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom