Building a $ 4,000 gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

janoloco

Baseband Member
Hello guys.

I already have some pieces of my new pc. I must tell this is a pc for gaming on vista.

What i already have:

Monitor: 24" FP241WZ Benq --> $ 886
Case: T.T. Armor silver ----> $ 200
PSU: Cooler master - Real Power Pro 850w --> $250
Mouse: Razer Cooperhead -----> $50
total - $ 1,386
--------------------------------
$ 2, 600 left

Next to buy

Video: i´ll buy one 8800GTX by the moment and sli later when some games needed.

CPU ---> ?? E6600 ?
RAM --> ???
MOBO --> ?????

HD ---> ???? i was thinking in the raptor X 10,000 but some say it´s a waste of money and the 7200.10 it´s a better choice, so i better take your advice. also.. will i need a controller card for raid 0 ?

Im so confused with all these RAM, MOBO and HD things because of the bugs with the 680i mobos.. and so many options to choose for RAM.

I won´t do OC cause i don´t know pretty much any thing about it, and i dont want to burn any component so i want a good rig running ok with stardar settings.

Before any answers i want to thank you for taking the time to help me with this. and sorry about my english.

I would get a 975 Board over a 680i but that's just me. Then get the E6600.

Also get two Barracuda 7200.10 and RAID 0 them and you will see good performance.

For RAM I would look into say G.Skill HZ's or something similar.

Last Overclocking is pretty much 100% safe these days. I have not known one person ever who has fried a Core 2 Duo chip overclocking becuase all the hardware today will shut down before it can do any harm.

The sad part is man someone can make a 2500 system and probably beat your 4000 due to overclocking and selecting cheaper that would work well.

Wow you spent a lot on a monitor man...500 bucks for 2 inches more but hey it's your cash.

LOL Yea i wouldn't trust a 4k system on a Cooler Master. it will probbaly work but I wouldnt wanna be around if it doesnt >.<

Yea I would return it...I wouldn't let that thing run my 4k system lol. I would rather have a Corsair or an OCZ gamestream or something. **** I would rather have a lot of companies over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom