Black Screen...no post

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaackoran

In Runtime
My computer is in the sig, all of a sudden yesterday i turned it on and the computer wont post, black screen etc.

Ive tried removing video card, no post still. The power supply seems fine, motherboard has green light on.

Any ideas on what i should do? It isnt the monitor or the cable, ive confirmed both of those are working.

Lets see what else might be relevant...all fans are spinning etc, perhaps the cpu is fried? Ive had high temps above 70 sometimes reported in bios (badaxe temps are always wrong though...) Everest reports the D 940 at 68 highest.

NO Beep codes?Those temps seem quite high. You can't get into your Bios either huh? If you can select restore BIOS to default. But remember what your settings were first.

has nothing to do with bios settings... as they werent changed. I think its either the mobo is messed, or the cpu is fried...i dont really see how that happens...but it cant be RAM, or Video....not a HD issue... not anything to do with my PSU...

ok so im down to it either being the RAM or the MOBO.

I turn on my PC with no ram, get the 3 beep "no ram" error. Put both sticks in, no beep. Put either one of them in by themselves...no beep.

Ram or mobo?

Ill try testing the ram in my sisters Dell later...

ok wow, just got my pc running again... so i turned it off.

Upon trying to turn it back on....same problem.

My god.. what is going on here... its obviously not the ram now...I saw that it was all working..

very odd..

Ok, its on again....working like nothing happened.

I dont know what will happen if I turn it off again though.

For future reference for everyone with a Intel D975xbx board... there is NO beep on a successful post...

I just took note of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom